Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

If Fox News is so ignorant of facts, why so many viewers?

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 3:14am

phatpastor

phatpastor

19 posts

lol..."msnbs" is a typo (tho it fits, :D ) should be MSNBC, obviously

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 4:12am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

Fox News is not about... "genuine reporting of facts". They show you what they want you to see, they coarsely manipulate graphs to make the results look different (they can do it coarsely since their regular watchers are too stupid to figure that out).

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 9:00am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

The fact is, Fox has the most viewers because most people are sick of being told what to believe (having the facts spun), and just want the news...The day CNN or MSNBS figure that out, we might have more than one legit news outlet in America...

If they're sick about being told what to believe, why do they watch Fox then?

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 9:23am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

Facts are facts people

and lies are lies. fox lies allot.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 2:38pm

phatpastor

phatpastor

19 posts

sigh...I weep for this generation.

When people can't discern fact from opinion...

Fox doesn't tell people what to believe, unless your watching an opinion show. It just so happens I can't watch "Hannity" anymore than I can watch "hardball", because they are just strident voices on oppisite sides of the fence.

Reporting facts is what people want to see. When Bengahzi happened, the mainstream media ignored the story, because they were afraid it would make the prez look bad, and he wouldn't get re-elected. THAT is called "spin". Fox news were the only ones to run the story, and called "BS" on the 'video caused this' right from day one. They presented FACTS that could lead to no other conclusion but there was no 'riot' but in fact a terrorist attack.

Other media outlets continue to try and 'spin' what happened there, instead of just reporting facts.

ROFL....I love the meme "fox lies". EVERY single time someone is asked "please give an example of FOX lies?" they can't give one.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 3:25pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

ROFL....I love the meme "fox lies". EVERY single time someone is asked "please give an example of FOX lies?" they can't give one.

Mean like this example?
Busted! Fox News Union Fight Tape Selectively Edited
Steven Crowder: LIAR, LIAR.

Or stuff like this?
FOX NEWS DOESN'T LIE? HA! LIES EXPOSED.
Exposed: How Fox News Lies With Statistics

Those whole channel is full of such examples.
http://www.youtube.com/user/liberalviewer

Mean like how we can't give those examples? Finding examples of Fox News lying is incredibly easy to find.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 3:30pm

phatpastor

phatpastor

19 posts

Yes, because a liberal youtube channel is so unbiased....the commentator can't even get his first sentence out without 'coloring' it w/opinion!

Thanks for the great laugh.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 3:32pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

Apart from Mage's links.. it's not only about the flat out lies, it's also, as I said, the way to present simple facts that can be used to influence people. The example of this graph shows how numbers were presented (assuming they are right), yet the impression given is a different one than if it was presented in a neutral way.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 7:36pm

Yakanuza

Yakanuza

16 posts

IMO, it's complicated.

If something have a LOT of viewers for its quality or whatsoever, it will call attention - thus obtain more viewers. If the news channel is the country's classical (I'm not sure if it is on U.S. though) then it's high likely everyone will watch it.

If something become mainstream, its quality don't need to go getting better to have more viewers. The simple fact it's crowded with people watching is amusing.

Pioneering also matters a bloody lot. If there's a pioneer channel against a new channel, even with worst info said pioneer will be more attractive. That's how I see it, I guess....

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 7:38pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

Yes, because a liberal youtube channel is so unbiased....the commentator can't even get his first sentence out without 'coloring' it w/opinion!

Thanks for the great laugh

I'm guessing you didn't bother to actually watch any of them.

Reply to If Fox News is so ignorant of facts, why so many viewers?

You must be logged in to post a reply!