ForumsSupport ForumVoting for Moderators

42 6244
baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

Do you think that there should be a poll for people to vote of people to become moderators. The people that could vote would be people with 6000 points or above. To keep away hackers and spammers.

• 42 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Why would we ban people asking questions? We aren't nazis...

If we abused our powers ONCE they would be taken away. The reason that the people that are mods, are mods is because they wouldn't abuse that.

Bree
Bree
27 posts
Nomad

Okay thanks Asherlee.

I have a question why is there an image beside everybody elses name besides mine?

-Bree

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Well it looks like you have one now dude!

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

I'd like to hold a mod poll just to see who the community recommends and why. Then we can see how the community thinks in comparison to the mods and admins in terms of what they look for in leaders.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Haha, that would be interesting even though I know what the outcome might be.

People in general are horrible at choosing their own 'leaders.' I mean, look at what has been going on for the past 8 years. Bush-mania. And I bet some people would still vote for him again if he could run for another term.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Okay Dank when will you do that?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Why would we ban people asking questions? We aren't nazis...

First to cite Godwin's law!
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

I think that there will be a chance of to many hackers on it that there will be to many votes at once and friends will just vote for friends. I think they should stay with handpicking moderators.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

i dont think so, most people would vote for the popular people? thosands would pick like crazynaitor, or star screamer, or bratt02, etc....

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

@Devoidless, I don't really think alot of people would vote for Bush at all. I am sure that you know that his approval ratings are WAY low, so I don't think that Bush could be the victor.

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

To add to this debate, IT would NOT be a good idea to vote for moderators, this could add alot of problems, not to mention it would be a shear popularity contest!!! I mean people would nominate themselves, people would advertise themselves on the community to gain popularity, which, ironically, would be considered spam. Personally, I would love more than anything to be mod on this site, but you also have to take into account how much time is spent on armor, how many times you break the rules... blah blah blah, you get my drift, right? It would be extremely unreasonable to vote for mods, maybe bring a great member of the community to the attention of mods and the admins, but other than that it would not be a good idea.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

I think that a vote for mods is a good idea, but i think it needs to be a little more structured.
I think that the mods can nominate maybe 3-5 players and the community can nominate one when the need comes for a new moderator. Then after the nominees have been chosen then the moderators will vote on who should be it. I think something along those lines would work well if this post does change anything.

Showing 31-42 of 42