Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Issues with Islam

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 12:12pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Government censoring the people because the government screwed up is absurd. The government created the Jim Crow laws.

Yes, back when people were complete morons and took the ideas from a racist comedian. Seriously, the Jim Crow laws really muffed up America and annihilated like, 100 years of progression in social equality. It really made the US take a few steps back.

/off-topic rant

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 12:51pm

Enti

Enti

9 posts

If you hold your right to free speech so dear, we hold our prophet to be dearer and we will do what ever it takes to shut those Idiots up.

Why? Can your prophet not shut them up himself? Can you not stand people making fun of your prophet, to the point where killing them would be justified? Really, wouldn't that make you the idiot?

I am amazed that no one has attacked the culprits yet.

In a positive or negative way?

Debate and hate speech are two very different things. Debate is carefully or at least more reasonably analyzing and criticizing or arguing about something. Hate speech is what the Nazi did.

So in the law censoring everything you don't like, you are going to put a clause that says "But reasonably analyzes is still aloud. You are aloud to criticize things....except when your not!"? How do you distinguish between debate and "hate speech", especially as far as a law is concerned?

It doesn't have the power to stop them from debating and believing in it. It has the power to stop people from degrading homosexuals via hate speech.

Yes it does. How do you distinguish between debating and hate speech, again? I can't think of any way that you could tell the difference, especially in writing a law.

Actually it was ab example to show how government intervention is good at times. Culture and tradition dictate racism; the government put an end to this with the final nail in the coffin.

Culture and tradition dictate the government, two. What Noname was saying is when the people where racist, the government was racist. Now that the people are not racist, the government is not racist. So passing a law like this would mean the people would already not be racist...

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 1:20pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

So in the law censoring everything you don't like, you are going to put a clause that says "But reasonably analyzes is still aloud. You are aloud to criticize things....except when your not!"? How do you distinguish between debate and "hate speech", especially as far as a law is concerned?

European nations have done it. It is impossible to legislate all language, but they have broadly done so. Claiming the Prophet is gay, violent and a warmonger isn't debate clearly.

Yes it does. How do you distinguish between debating and hate speech, again? I can't think of any way that you could tell the difference, especially in writing a law.

I think I quoted it earlier, if not it's in the article GoM put up.

Culture and tradition dictate the government, two. What Noname was saying is when the people where racist, the government was racist. Now that the people are not racist, the government is not racist. So passing a law like this would mean the people would already not be racist...

And what my example showed is no. SA was a place ruled by white power; the government recognized this was impossible in the long run without Ren more bloodshed and military rule; it phased out apartheid despite opposition from almost all political groups which had power.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 1:56pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

If you hold your right to free speech so dear, we hold our prophet to be dearer and we will do what ever it takes to shut those Idiots up.

Punisher, people like you are the reason that these stereotypes are perpetuated. If I drew a stick figure, and named it Muhammed, than you would be calling for Muslims to attack me. And why do you attack innocent people? The US Ambassador in Libya had NOTHING to do with the video that started all of this. Did he deserve to die simply because he was an agent of a government which protects such acts? And what about an average American. Would you kill some random Joe walking down the street as revenge for the cartoon?

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 2:30pm

DSM

DSM

799 posts

And why do you attack innocent people?

We dont, the government actually trying to stop them.

The US Ambassador in Libya had NOTHING to do with the video that started all of this. Did he deserve to die simply because he was an agent of a government which protects such acts?

He didn't, but it doesn't change the fact that it was the one who made that video who is in fault, in the poor peoples death.
Muslims trying to stop these demonstrations, but yet the USA doesn't do anything to stop meaningless insults/hate speech. So basically the USA is in the fault of those deaths. You people say some wise words to Muslims and tell them to correct themselves, yet you dont correct yourselves and wont listen when other gives you something to think about.

And what about an average American. Would you kill some random Joe walking down the street as revenge for the cartoon?

You americans dont seems to have a problem insulting people for no reason, or killing and discriminating somebody for something they didn't do. So I find it ironic when americans trying to teach somebody to behave.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 4:15pm

rafterman

rafterman

623 posts

He didn't, but it doesn't change the fact that it was the one who made that video who is in fault, in the poor peoples death.

No, it was the ones who did the murdering who are at fault.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 4:18pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

Why? Can your prophet not shut them up himself? Can you not stand people making fun of your prophet, to the point where killing them would be justified? Really, wouldn't that make you the idiot?

If this makes me an Idiot, so be it

In a positive or negative way?

In a negative way.

Punisher, people like you are the reason that these stereotypes are perpetuated. If I drew a stick figure, and named it Muhammed, than you would be calling for Muslims to attack me. And why do you attack innocent people? The US Ambassador in Libya had NOTHING to do with the video that started all of this. Did he deserve to die simply because he was an agent of a government which protects such acts? And what about an average American. Would you kill some random Joe walking down the street as revenge for the cartoon?

You should read thewolf52's post a few pages back in answer to this.
In this world no one gives you something, you have to take it by force.
British govrn. made blasphemy laws after Ghazi alam din killed a blasphemer.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 4:26pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

US govr says the bounty on the  film maker's head is "inflammatory and inappropriate".
And what he did is not?

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 5:49pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,079 posts

Knight

US govr says the bounty on the  film maker's head is "inflammatory and inappropriate".
And what he did is not?

So what? Let the film maker be judged as he deserves, instead of trying hard to escalate the situation. One man's mistake doesn't legitimate yours.

Besides, we should make a difference between mere demonstrations, and attacks. Many muslims are demonstrating for their religious dignity, but don't harm anyone. Some radical factions are actually attacking, or provoking attacks, on the embassies. In Benghasi, Libya, people have chased some militia away and the government has taken the opportunity to become active against what they call 'illegitimate militia' they suspect of being at the origin of the attacks. Most citizens are not stupid, they know that attacking embassies isn't the right way, so stop giving the impression that all Muslims want us Westerners all dead for a caricature.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 7:49pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

Besides, we should make a difference between mere demonstrations, and attacks. Many muslims are demonstrating for their religious dignity, but don't harm anyone. Some radical factions are actually attacking, or provoking attacks, on the embassies. In Benghasi, Libya, people have chased some militia away and the government has taken the opportunity to become active against what they call 'illegitimate militia' they suspect of being at the origin of the attacks. Most citizens are not stupid, they know that attacking embassies isn't the right way, so stop giving the impression that all Muslims want us Westerners all dead for a caricature.

They don't want you westreners dead,
They want you to make anti _blasphemy laws

Reply to Issues with Islam

You must be logged in to post a reply!