Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Issues with Islam

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 10:26pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,069 posts

Knight

Freedom speech can go to hell such attacks on prophet willbe met with protests and violence the day no one proresrs over this will be the day islam ceased to exist

And Muhammad can suck my willy. Hopefully, the Muslims who aren't extremists will someday amass in such numbers that they become the number 1 wall standing in the way of extremists and freedom of speech. Muslims who understand that you can't expect people who don't believe to live as if they do believe.

(It would be horrible to tell the great prophet Muhammad to suck my willy, luckily, he doesn't exist.)

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 10:30pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

Now, we're talking about hate speech. Apparently hate speech should be banned because it's insulting and drives criminally insane people too kill. NEWSFLASH - THESE EXTREMISTS THREATEN TO KILL EVERYONE WHO QUESTIONS THEIR GOD. It has NOTHING to do with hate speech AT ALL, it has to do with elitist extremists who would gladly kill people for being Christian.

And you're telling me hate speech has nothing to do with this inflammation process? Hatred for the West was already there. Hate speech was yet another spark that blew this keg up at this time.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 10:35pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,069 posts

Knight

And you're telling me hate speech has nothing to do with this inflammation process? Hatred for the West was already there. Hate speech was yet another spark that blew this keg up at this time.

That's their problem. If they want to force America to ban skirts and they'll kill until such ban is made, we'll have to stand just as firm. We shouldn't sacrifice our rights because another foreign group is unhappy and willing to commit acts of violence.

Protecting people is very important, but there's a certain point in which we must protect the people from terrorists rather than protecting them by giving into terrorist demands.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 10:47pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,069 posts

Knight

Also, this.

Seriously?

I won't pander to extremist wants.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 10:53pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

That's their problem. If they want to force America to ban skirts and they'll kill until such ban is made, we'll have to stand just as firm. We shouldn't sacrifice our rights because another foreign group is unhappy and willing to commit acts of violence.

Protecting people is very important, but there's a certain point in which we must protect the people from terrorists rather than protecting them by giving into terrorist demands.

Why do you insist on bad analogies? Skirts and hate speech are two very different issues.

Well, then get used to this scenario of violence. If one side refuses to budge and one side doesn't have the apparatus to rein their people in, cobflagarationsn are going to start. Shooting your mouth off without regard is partially to blame.

Does hate speech directly cause violence? Yes. It incites high emotion, provides more ammo in this hatred and continues the cycle. Hate speech has no valid purpose in society but to stoke disorder and unhappiness.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 10:55pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

For every example of Islam being linked to that, we can find one linked to any major religion.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 11:28pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,069 posts

Knight

Why do you insist on bad analogies? Skirts and hate speech are two very different issues.

Not really. You're saying we should ban hate speech because it sparks violence. Should we ban something merely because it sparks violence?

Does hate speech directly cause violence? Yes. It incites high emotion, provides more ammo in this hatred and continues the cycle. Hate speech has no valid purpose in society but to stoke disorder and unhappiness.

Often people use hate speech against Islam because they're challenging the extremists. They're making the statement that "you're violence will not keep me from talking." Who's to really say there is no purpose behind hate speech? Sometimes, I might want to go outside with a sign that hates on politicians, or religion in general, just to let people know that there are others out there who don't look kindly to such.

If I want to spread hate, I have every right to let people know how I feel and what I think.

If I think Jews are a bunch of greedy ****s, I have every right to let people know that I think such (I don't).

Speech refers to a device in which you let people know what you think. I believe you should always be allowed to let people know what you think, even if it's offensive.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 11:48pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

Not really. You're saying we should ban hate speech because it sparks violence. Should we ban something merely because it sparks violence?

Do skirts perpetuate violence directly and normally?

Often people use hate speech against Islam because they're challenging the extremists. They're making the statement that "you're violence will not keep me from talking." Who's to really say there is no purpose behind hate speech? Sometimes, I might want to go outside with a sign that hates on politicians, or religion in general, just to let people know that there are others out there who don't look kindly to such.

The film didn't mark out extremists but was a blanket generalization on Islam. Muslim hate crime isn't against extemists but Islam as a whole. evangelical television pundits and mass organizations like the EDL aren't against extremists but all Muslims.

Speech refers to a device in which you let people know what you think. I believe you should always be allowed to let people know what you think, even if it's offensive.

A balance has to be struck. People are naturally angry when you insult then to the face. You can't blame them for not feeling so if it's something deep ad personal to them, just so you can get an opinion out in the most rabid fashion.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 10:19pm

sirmed1

sirmed1

57 posts

Do skirts perpetuate violence directly and normally?

His point isn't that skirts cause Violence, it's that skirts are a solid example of something that we believe is perfect normal, while another culture finds barbaric and evil. Should we change our beliefs that offend others, even if they are find by our standards?

Now, I have two bits I want to throw in about free speech. A lot of people in this thread are saying that free speech should only be allowed when it doesn't offend others. But this is the essence of free speech! What was so important about free speech when it first started? You were allowed to voice your concerns about your government without fear. You were allowed to hate your government. You could scream hate speech all you wanted! And this is what made it great. The moment we decide to start crushing others beliefs, even if they impede on others beliefs, is when we forget what free speech is.

Free speech is the act of pointing out flaws- even if those flaws are fictional, you have the right to point them out.

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 1:27am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

His point isn't that skirts cause Violence, it's that skirts are a solid example of something that we believe is perfect normal, while another culture finds barbaric and evil. Should we change our beliefs that offend others, even if they are find by our standards?

If you read his response, it is about violence.

Now, I have two bits I want to throw in about free speech. A lot of people in this thread are saying that free speech should only be allowed when it doesn't offend others. But this is the essence of free speech! What was so important about free speech when it first started? You were allowed to voice your concerns about your government without fear. You were allowed to hate your government. You could scream hate speech all you wanted! And this is what made it great. The moment we decide to start crushing others beliefs, even if they impede on others beliefs, is when we forget what free speech is.

No one said you shouldn't be able to do those things. What we are arguing about is when free speech crosses into merely hate speech that inflames and endangers society. We should be able to criticize and debate. We shouldn't be allowed to publicly besmirch, smear and incite hatred towards certain groups, turn opinion against them based on lies and mere hate.

The debate isn't about whether free speech should be allowed, but the extent that it should. Freedom is not an absolute concept where everyone can have maximum freedom. An action will always compromise the freedom of another person. Therein is the question.

Reply to Issues with Islam

You must be logged in to post a reply!