ForumsWEPRillilegal Imigration

14 4346
EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

There are millions of people that come to the U.S.A undocumented every year and its continuing because nobody has done something.

• 14 Replies
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I think the bigger issue here is not undocumented workers, but those who bring in children to work as forced prostitutes.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Wot is the question you are asking in this thread you have to start off the discussion. Altho i do know a little bit about US immigration. The US has a natural decrease meaning that more people are dying than are being born. Every nation in the world needs it to be balanced otherwise there will be too few economically active people. The immigrants you recieve legal and illegal each year help you to keep your economy going. The argument that 'they come over here and take our jobs' is irrelevant to me as most immigrants do the jobs the US citizens wont or dont want to do. They work hard at low paid jobs and this helps the economy. For example in the UK the poles coming to England and working accounted for 0.5 % of the economic growth that year. That may not sound like much but when the economy only grew by 3% it is a lot and it shows how much people contribute. I myself am pro immigrant because my mothers side of the family immigrated from Greece after WW2 and so i know that people can work hard and adapt. That is all i have to say about that.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

^^Are you sure about that? I am pretty sure that the US is on a definate increase in population. You are right that immigrants tend to be left with jobs at McDonalds, but it is probably better than what they have back home. The only problem that I have with immigration is that they could bring trouble to the US. Such as gang violence and things of the sort. Other than that I have no significant reason to shun them away.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

well we should make it easier to get green cards or become a citizen

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Well the whole perhaps behind it being hard to get a green card or U.S. citizen is to limit immigration, because we get too much of it....

whenever this conversation comes up i think of that recent Mind of Mencia skit about the illegal immigrant stealing everyones job's in a white poncho with two 6-shooters screaming "AYAYAYAY!!" lol that was actually a good one.

Anyway, i don't see it as a major problem in the job industry because americans are lazy and don't want to do the jobs they take, so i don't find it to be a problem.

nyk537
nyk537
7 posts
Nomad

Build the fence. End of story.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Have you noticed that most "illegal aliens" work harder than the "americans"? They do jobs none of the "americans" want and there usually more patriotic than our politians. This country was founded to get away from persacution I think we should hold true to our founding fathers beliefs that everyone is welcome here in this wonderful country of ours.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

We definitely can't just allow anyone who wants to to come in to our country, but we should allow immigrants, and encourage a diverse mixture of immigrants. There are so many aspects to look at when we want to see if a group will assimilate well, or if they will resist and end up influencing the majority. (too much to write) I took a race and ethnicity class and it was really really interesting.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

@MrMonkey3
Americans are naturally lazy with all this technology and fast food.. you can't help that very much.

this is supposed to be called 'The Land of Opportunity' instead its going to be 'The Land of Mexicans'

I don't know why the media and nominees haven't thought about this big invasion

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

The immigration problem continues to frustrate the general public as both major political parties wrestle with the problem looking for face-saving ways to get their cake and eat it too.

Legions of Mexicans are pouring into America daily seeking whatever employment they can find. Any job in America is probably better than what they could find in their homeland. Many start small businesses like housecleaning services.

Democrats want a fast pass for the illegals to citizenship so they can sign them up as potential voters.

They presently receive on average 90 percent of the black vote and have gained strength with citizens of Mexican descent that are here. In the last election, Democrats received 70 percent of their votes, while Republicans picked up 30 percent (President Bush got 40 percent in the '04 election).

Today's Republicans make a lot of noise about illegal immigrants but seem timid about taking action. The party is under siege from its base to build a fence along the border and halt illegal immigration.

They got the fence approved, but not the funding.

In addition, a lot of businesses knowingly hire illegals because they work cheap and can't say anything because of their illegal status. The problem continues to escalate. Neither Republicans nor Democrats have the stomach to do much about it.

If you think this is a new issue, it isn't ... America has been having immigration problems since the
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
late 1800s.

In 1907, President Theodore Roosevelt said, " we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin."

He went on to say,"This is predicated on the person becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag! We have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people."

Australians are also having immigration problems from a growing Muslim population from the Middle East . Muslim groups have been complaining about Australian law and its conflicts with their native Shira law.

Prime Minister John Howard told Arab groups they live in Australia and not in the Middle East .

If they want to stay in the country, they will learn to speak English and they will observe Australian law, not Shira law. He bluntly told an Arab group, "If you didn't like it, leave!"

Can you imagine the outrage if President Bush made a similar statement to the huge contingent of illegal aliens in this country?

If he told illegals the official language of the country is English and he expected them to learn it or leave, the outcries from the politically correct crowd would be deafening.

Still, legions continue to cross our Southern border illegally on a daily basis.

They come because their own country has massive corruption and there is little hope to make an honest living there. Most Americans who go to Mexico know about the corruption but pay little attention.

As long as corruption is tolerated south of the border, the illegal immigration problem will continue to plague our borders. The Mexican government doesn't care. The illegals who come here send more than $18 billion a year back to their country which is huge boost to the Mexican economy.

When the pilgrims came here they set up a society that invited everybody to participate including the Indian population.

They adapted to the New World and produced the first Thanksgiving. Since that time America has been a nation that honored those who come here, gave them a pat on the back and said, help us build a better America .

Mexico is rich in natural resources but those riches do not filter down to the citizenry as it does here. So they want to come here for a better life. That's OK, but like everyone else seeking fame and fortune here, they should do it legally.

On the other hand, without money from illegals in America , the Mexican government would collapse.

The government has been cheating the Mexican people for years. There was new hope when Vicente Fox won the Mexican election six years ago. It didn't change anything. Fox did nothing to put a stop to the massive corruption, thus the incentive to come to the USA by any means necessary.

Meanwhile, with Democrats now in control of Congress, the Associated Press reports Hispanics in the south part of our state are working on a nation-wide strategy with Democrats to get amnesty for all illegals. Democrats want to win the White House in two years and they'll need the Hispanic vote to do it.

The Senate has passed legislation that sets up a path for citizenship for some, along with a guest worker program for others.

However, the Mexican-American Political Action group is pushing for amnesty for all, whether they are here illegally or not.

The public covers medical costs and legal expenses for the illegal population and the polls show they're fed up.

Mexicans come here to have their babies because those babies become automatic citizens and the public covers most of those costs as well.

Democrats are anxious to obtain legal status for this group so they can get their votes. When the babies grow up, they sign them up as well. Politicians and their cronies prosper over this dilemma while the rest of us lose.

Our government does not appear to give a hoot and it is going to get much worse before it gets better.

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

I completely agree with Wittman. I will support everything he has to say because he is completely right.

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

I'm gonna use my imagination here, so bear with me...

People from south of the border flood into the country unhindered. The amount of jobs available somehow outnumbers the people who arrive every day.

All of a sudden, 80% of the population of southern states is Central American! Aye yai yai! These states have reached a saturation point, where there are now no jobs for unskilled foreign laborers newly arriving, and only the earlier waves of immigrants are able to hold a job. Meanwhile, 50% of northern and Central Mexico (and large swathes of other Central American nations) are empty of people, and businesses and farms are desperate for laborers!

WAVES OF LATINO IMMIGRANTS FLOCK BACK TO THEIR HOME NATIONS TO PICK UP THE NEW JOB VACANCIES! ALL IS WELL!

It's kinda like a porous border between two fluids with different solute concentrations: eventually the fluid levels balance out such that the Concentration of solute is the same on either side.

This will not happen. Sniff, so sad...

UNLESS--------> the economies of these nations grow, build industries requiring skilled labor, which means people spending money, which means more jobs for unskilled labor! GO HAITI!!!!!!!

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

man, did you even see how they live in mexico!!! its terrible, just terrible!!! i dont know how to fix this issue but people are missing the point of why the mexicans jump over the border. they are starving, they sometimes have no roof over their head, and the water is dirty there!!!

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

This topic was made before.

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/696739/the-border/page/5#post-756560

Showing 1-14 of 14