ForumsThe TavernDo you skate?

22 4489
Skazizzles
Skazizzles
18 posts
Nomad

Just seeing how many people skate? and what tricks can you do?

• 22 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Haven't seen this question in the Tavern before, nice! =)

Ahm... I don't skate anymore (-at all-) as I'm a little more cautious to not break my bones (it's the age), but I did use to skate somewhat back in the days! =D

It wasn't anything fancy and I knew some tricks but I forgot their names...
- the one where you jump and let your board flip around in the long way (probably as stupid as a board flip, or something, LOL)
- the wheely on the back wheels whithout skidding the board
- the handbrake stop where you slide you board in a way that the rear surpasses the front
- the 180 degrees turn of your board while moving it!

If anyone knows the names of these tricks, feel free to fill them in at the appropriate places, because I really don't know what they are called... it's been over 25 years ago, so you have to give me a break there!

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

mrdayc, i dont think you can skate if you dont the names of your tricks.
i dont skate, its not worth it. does my logic need more explaination?

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I disagree spike. I think when I was younger I learned how to do an ollie on my brothers skateboard but at the time I just called it a jump and then he kind of explained that I was an idiot. But hey! That's what brothers are for right? I now know a bit more.

Anyway, I hate skating nowadays. Everybody uses long boards which I hate with a passion. Or then there's those people that just carry a skate board and don't use the things. At my school there's a bunch of "Skaters" who I seriously doubt even know how to do a kick-flip. In fact I don't think I've ever seen any of them step on the board. They just carry it in their hands and act like they're "Dope".

I think what really peaked my interest in skateboarding (Or rather my brothers) was Tony Hawks pro skater (Yes I know it's a bit sad). My brother was obsessed with the game and I think he spent hours finally finishing all levels 100%. I just sat in the background pretending I even knew what was happening. It's not until recently (Where I played the PS1 version again) that I've realised how awesome the game really is (And I learned all the names of the tricks too).

Oh and I probably know all hardcore skaters are going to kill me but I ride mongo. It absolutely annoys my brother so much but it just feels way more natural to me.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

mrdayc, i dont think you can skate if you dont the names of your tricks.

Really? That's a pretty shallow theory and conclusion spikeabc... (o.O)

First of all... I knew how to skate... we're talking about 25 years ago, ok?
And let's put it this way... I know how to drive a car, but I don't know the name for every part in the motor that is running it either... does that make sense?

When you're stating this, your explanation is even less logical... =P

an ollie

Thank you leo99rules! =)

a kick-flip

Thank you again! =D

Oh and I probably know all hardcore skaters are going to kill me but I ride mongo

Ahm... now you got me leo, but what's 'mongo'? I probably sound WAY too old now, but meh... (o.O) LOL
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Never have skated. Though I always thought it would be cool.

Skazizzles
Skazizzles
18 posts
Nomad

Skating doesn't start to be worth it until you start to learn the more advanced tricks and get them down so you don't get shinned or break bones.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I think I might have a skateboard in my garage somewhere. Haven't used the thing in years and don't plan to.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

as a kid i loved to skate outside my home on the sidewalk and on days i didnt go out i stayed in and played tony hawk games but sense i was never taken to a place where i had more room to skate and more things to skate on the hobby of skating died the most i could do at the time was just ride the board,manual,ollie

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I used to play classical hockey, not the oen with roller skates, the one with the skate of 2 in a row after other 2, liek a car. it was fun and not violante. my little brother is almost a proffetional, practice 3 times a week, adn going to the national team to his age. he is realy realy good. We also import skates, google "reno" and see for yourself. these are high quality skates and equipment, the company based on barcelona.

With a little luck it may be in the next olympics!

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

No, I don't skate. I've seen AFV too many times. I know what happens to skateres.

Skazizzles
Skazizzles
18 posts
Nomad

No, I don't skate. I've seen AFV too many times. I know what happens to skateres

LOL thats what I mean. Once you there to skate it gets really fun.
canada24
canada24
12 posts
Nomad

No i dont, but some of my friends do

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I agree with this I find it a huge waste of time, and not worth it. Mostly because I prefer soccer, running and reading really.
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

I skate everyday. I've been trying tre flips (360 kickflips) for a while now, and can land them one foot when I'm rolling. Can't seem to do them, or even get close when I'm just standing still. I can kickflip about...7/10 times and I'm starting to get heelflips but those come slowly. On another note, what's everyones favorite skatebrand or favorite deck to skate? Mine's "real skateboards" because there boards have awesome pop and sick artwork. I've also got Independant trucks, spitfire wheels (my favorite). Red's bearings,and a real skateboards deck. How about you guys?

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

Street, roller, or ice? I can go backwards. LOL

Showing 1-15 of 22