Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Anarchism

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 4:47pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

Am I just talking about the USA?...hm.

your not going to reply on the on-topic part of that post of mine?
then just don't post plz. let atleast be a part of it on-topic so it doesn't die. =)

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 6:36pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

101 posts

a government system has nothing to do whit it.

One could argue, however, that a safe and sound society provided by a stable government gave scientists the environment they needed to produce such advancements. Imagine if Newton had been worried more about keeping a roof over his head, as opposed to wondering why apples fell. Or if Hooke had been fighting for his next meal instead of looking at pond water.

Just look at the aftermath of the fall of the Roman Empire: 2000 years of art, science, architecture, philosophy, in short, 2000 years of civilization, gone in a blink of an eye as Europe entered into what is now called the Dark Ages.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 7:11am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

One could argue, however, that a safe and sound society provided by a stable government gave scientists the environment they needed to produce such advancements

yea thats why i added
"ofcourse whit anarchy this wouldn't have happend and we still would die young." =)

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 7:22am

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

Please read the book "Guns, Germs, and Steel". A great book that will explaine to you alot about this. About the diffrunce between Centralized government and, well, anarchy or semi-anarchy {where there is some aothority, but its weak and mostly symbolic}.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 5:34pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

101 posts

Sorry if that out as critical. More or less tacking that on with what you were saying. Riding your coat tails, as the saying goes.

Out of curiosity, is anybody actually anything that could be remotely construed as an anarchist?

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 9:02pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

Out of curiosity, is anybody actually anything that could be remotely construed as an anarchist?

i guess the somalian pirates

(np on the 1st.)

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 9:05pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

(np on the 1st.)

Even the worst of the worst criminal organisations have a code of conduct.
They simply don't do somethings.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 9:10pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

101 posts

I always thought they were funded by warlords. The problem is that you can't have any leader in anarchy, or else it isn't anarchy. Unless you could somehow have some system of top-to-bottom decision making that was somehow not a government.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 9:40pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

I always thought they were funded by warlords. The problem is that you can't have any leader in anarchy, or else it isn't anarchy. Unless you could somehow have some system of top-to-bottom decision making that was somehow not a government.

many pirates are fishers who lost their job to the mass fishing of western countries. they were already working together when they were fishers. some started to steal those ships. wich then was escalated to more and more fishers doing so. there wasn't any "warlords"
these pirates have then grouped and are now just a army that has bonds whit the taliban. and uganda is the only country fighting them.

like i said befor, i'm not sure if we can call them anarchist. i guess some are and some are not. the last 10 year it really has grown.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 9:54pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,299 posts

Knight

The pirates don't aim for a stateless society. They're only concern is money or material gains.

Completely different from actual anarchists.

Reply to Anarchism

You must be logged in to post a reply!