Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Anarchism

Posted Oct 16, '12 at 8:31am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

No one willingly sends their citizens to die overseas. We should be thankful the AU did something.

then don't send people but atleast materials that they can use to fight time. like.. i dunno a plane or helicopter maybe?

Piracy is at the bottom of their concerns list right now

piracy is a problem for so many people and nations. it shouldn't be at the bottom.

there is a task force in the Gulf of Aden monitoring and rooting out piracy already.

on the water yes. just to protect the ships.

The point was not a comparison, but that Ameirca and it's allies are already bogged down.

america isn't the only army. heck america doesn't has much to do whit it. it's mainly a european and asian problem because it's on that route. so i would assume that china, japan, india and the netherlands would be some of the players that want the thread to be gone fast.
and those countries are not that busy whit war atm.

You don't see military action against them do you?

bombing the only safe place in somalia where not every single house is full whit bullet holes. would be stupid.
it has nothing to do whit recognizing it. it just common sense i guess.

Because at it's roots, the Somaliland government broke away by force ad without a popular vote. Kosovo and South Sudan have had voting processes.

how long did it take to recognize israel? somaliland is busy for 21 year now. does it realy take that long when it is obvious they have a better and more stable government then the original country?

These words are just words, but they reflect te government attitude, instead of your claim that they outrightly reject them. What the USA is stating is that Somalia will become a greater priority.

i saw them make a statement over somaliland and puntland not somalia tbh.

Puntland is another region and is not Somaliland. It has it's own government it's president is a former PhD candidate in the history department at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia

well puntland fought whit somaliland for independence. they have together build the "border" between them and somalia.
sorry that i thought they were still together.
but if people can recognize 1 of them, then 2 of them will be even harder i guess.

It isn't a stable place.

make a visit there ;)
it's safe and stable. even more stable then congo.
in somaliland i don't have to fear for racists wanting to hurt me because of the color of my skin for example.

It needs massive development projects; schools, water plants, roads, transport systems and the lot.

they already have that.

Something called global inflation.

inflation of 3600% ?
global inflation is real but isn't this high.
beside pirates don't keep up whit the global inflation. they ask what they want and they always get what they want.
also are the costs for the alternative route almost dubble the normal price solely because it take dubble the time. and dubble the fuel. etc.
stating it will dubble is very safe.

there are far more pressing issues than another backwater African state on the plate of most nations.

i dunno, 16.6 billion per year is more then some african countries get as aid. 16.6 billion in costs that wasn't there 10 year ago.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 12:00am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,240 posts

Knight

then don't send people but atleast materials that they can use to fight time. like.. i dunno a plane or helicopter maybe?

Taxpayers' money again.

piracy is a problem for so many people and nations. it shouldn't be at the bottom.

It is below economic development, growth and austerity measures. Not many parties make combatting piracy in Somalia their campaign message; shows how far down the pecking order it it.

on the water yes. just to protect the ships.

The UN count for land troops is currently 17000, a massive number.

america isn't the only army. heck america doesn't has much to do whit it. it's mainly a european and asian problem because it's on that route. so i would assume that china, japan, india and the netherlands would be some of the players that want the thread to be gone fast.
and those countries are not that busy whit war atm.

Because many of these nations have already contributed ships. Singapore just sent a task force a few days ago; the global recession is still te foremost problem, not a few pirates in the Aden.

bombing the only safe place in somalia where not every single house is full whit bullet holes. would be stupid.
it has nothing to do whit recognizing it. it just common sense i guess.

That hasn't stopped any war thus far. Most nation don't care about Somalia to make such a big issue out of secessionist movements there; hence they have de facto control, which is only not recognized in rhetoric, the reality is, they are tacitly recognizing it.

how long did it take to recognize israel? somaliland is busy for 21 year now. does it realy take that long when is obvious they have a better and more stable government then the original country?

Because Somaliland is different. Israel was partitioned by the international community that's why it was recognized. Somalia wasn't.

well puntland fought whit somaliland for independence. they have together build the "border" between them and somalia.
sorry that i thought they were still together.
but if people can recognize 1 of them, then 2 of them will be even harder i guess.

But none are recognized.

make a visit there ;)
it's safe and stable. even more stable then congo.
in somaliland i don't have to fear for racists wanting to hurt me because of the color of my skin for example.

Well, I almost went to Kenya but since the region was too unstable, cause of al shahab that it was cancelled. Says a lot.

they already have that.

But you said they didn't need.

i
nflation of 3600% ?
global inflation is real but isn't this high.
beside pirates don't keep up whit the global inflation. they ask what they want and they always get what they want.
also are the costs for the alternative route almost dubble the normal price solely because it take dubble the time. and dubble the fuel. etc.
stating it will dubble is very safe.

I have problems with this. one, pirate are already being hammered. Second, it assumes much trade goes through the region such that it poses a far more significant problem than it is.

16.6 is a lot for African nations. Yet not all the ships are from Africa. And 16.6 is nothing compared with the austerity cuts some nations are taking.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 7:13am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

Taxpayers' money again.

do you hear the tax payers cry about the helicopters used to protect the sea?
these same could be used for ground battles. it wont cost more then it already does.
only use them in a different way.

The UN count for land troops is currently 17000, a massive number.

and where are they located?

Because many of these nations have already contributed ships.

ships can't fight a ground war. these ships are only there to protect other ships.

Well, I almost went to Kenya but since the region was too unstable, cause of al shahab that it was cancelled. Says a lot.

kenya is on the other side of somalia. and a few 1000km away from somaliland. but oke.

But you said they didn't need.

they don't need it they already have it.

they don't need the development projects because they already have that what these programs want to develop.

pirate are already being hammered.

how? (beside the little non-effective war)
it assumes much trade goes through the region such that it poses a far more significant problem than it is.

hmm yea it's almost as busy as the panama canal. these are the most busy waterways on the planet. (well not long anymore if more and more captains choose the alternative route.)

===================================

i don't see the use of this conversation anymore.

you are diminishing the problem and try to shuff it under the carpet. no matter what i say. your conclusion is that it isn't as bad as it is.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 6:25pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

The thread has spoken and it says
"Kill me please!"

Reply to Anarchism

You must be logged in to post a reply!