Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Anarchism

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 1:00am

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

145 posts

"Ultimate test of time"? LOL. Every society fails, That's reality. If you are asking for a utopia, well...good luck Charlie.

Anarchy is a matter of preference. You shouldn't stop a society from being a society because you think it's "destined to fail". EVERY country/society is destined to fail. THAT is fact sir.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 1:30am

Alpha791

Alpha791

4,230 posts

"Ultimate test of time"? LOL. Every society fails, That's reality. If you are asking for a utopia, well...good luck Charlie.

Anarchy is a matter of preference. You shouldn't stop a society from being a society because you think it's "destined to fail". EVERY country/society is destined to fail. THAT is fact sir.

Yes every society will fail, but not within 20 or 30 years of beginning. Anarchy has absolutely no longevity whatsoever.

The reason anarchy is destined to never be a viable system for society goes back to the way our eyes are set in our heads. Before humans were here at all, there were monkeys. These monkeys had adapted to trees and needed depth perception to lead from branch to branch. This meant they needed both eyes to be on the front of their heads. But this had a huge drawback. It was much easier for these monkeys to be picked off by a predator because they had such a limited field of view. Thus, monkeys began to live in groups for safety. Over time, their frontal corteges in their brains grew so that they could handle the mentally strenuous task of upholding social relationships with one another. This leads to the increase in brain mass that causes many different behaviors, ultimately leading to human evolution. In a sense, humans are BUILT to live in groups and through groups comes violence when these groups clash over resources or differences. Thus, a government is born to help control these outbursts and make a mutually progressive environment in which everyone can feel fairly safe. Anarchy is the antithesis of millions of years of evolution that went into the creation of mankind as a whole.

Posted Sep 24, '12 at 4:17pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

a friend told me once:

"there are two kinds of anarchy, a good one and a bad one. in the bad anarchy everyone can do what they want, even killing someone. in the bad anarchy everyone can do what they want without hurting anyone."

a teacher once said:

"real anarchy is not possible because as soon as two people meet there are rules. for example, as long as you are alone in a room you can do what you want in the room. but when someone else enters the room then there are rules like do not party too loud at midnight, i want to sleep."

Posted Sep 24, '12 at 4:20pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

sorry for the double post...

a friend told me once:

"there are two kinds of anarchy, a good one and a bad one. in the bad anarchy everyone can do what they want, even killing someone. in the good anarchy everyone can do what they want without hurting anyone."

a teacher once said:

"real anarchy is not possible because as soon as two people meet there are rules. for example, as long as you are alone in a room you can do what you want in the room. but when someone else enters the room then there are rules like do not party too loud at midnight, i want to sleep."

Posted Sep 24, '12 at 5:04pm

Alpha791

Alpha791

4,230 posts

I think the maker of this kind of abandoned the debate...

Posted Sep 24, '12 at 8:38pm

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

145 posts

No I was gone for one day, calm down. :P I don't think you can use the theory of evolution...Because people can throw that idea down quickly. I don't believe I came from a monkey but that's just me.

Posted Sep 24, '12 at 8:47pm

Alpha791

Alpha791

4,230 posts

I don't think you can use the theory of evolution...Because people can throw that idea down quickly.

Why can't I? What do you mean by this statement?

I don't believe I came from a monkey but that's just me.

What do you believe then?

Posted Sep 24, '12 at 10:38pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,115 posts

In order for a society to function, it needs rules, and it needs someone to enforce those rules, and it needs a group of people to determine those rules.

Also, currency is required for society to function, because that way people have an easier time getting the goods they need to survive, and if they rely on trade alone, the villager must find someone who wants his goods as well having the necessary goods that he needs.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Sep 24, '12 at 11:39pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

Because people can throw that idea down quickly. I don't believe I came from a monkey but that's just me

Well then...you should have a little chat with mr. MageGrayWolf =p

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 6:38am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,782 posts

Knight

I don't think you can use the theory of evolution...Because people can throw that idea down quickly.

Please feel free to try.
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/8857704/evolution

As for the topic. Let's say you have some wack job come in and slaughter your family. Under anarchism, since we are operating without rules, you would be completely free to go find and murder this nut job yourself. Though what if the person you think did it was innocent? We use rules here to govern the process of determining guilt instead of just allowing the victim to go on their own rampage. This is just one example of how having rules beyond ones own determinations are useful for a society.

I do agree as social animals we are inevitably going to develop rules. From that we will then eventually need those to uphold those rules. Furthermore the way we tend to socialize tends to gear towards forming hierarchies of one form or another. And yes it is as Alpha said behavior derived through evolutionary development.

Reply to Anarchism

You must be logged in to post a reply!