Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Anarchism

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 4:05pm

Vannilaknight

Vannilaknight

3 posts

Jesus is our true ruler

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 12:02am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,232 posts

Jesus is our true ruler

This is not a religious debate....and Jesus being the "one true ruler" has nothing to do with this thread...

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 12:41am

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

126 posts

This is not a religious debate....and Jesus being the "one true ruler" has nothing to do with this thread...

Christian Anarchism exists. They believe that the only source of authority comes from God...AKA Jesus Christ.

Sounds funny huh?

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 12:47am

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

126 posts

I can see why Spaz abandoned his thread.

No, I think it's funny when people dig way too deep into how anarchism works and how it will fail and how it will succeed. What all of you failed to notice is that ALL systems fail...ALL society's fail. Anarchism is just another way of living through it all. What I think is really funny is how we never know what it has been like to live in an anarchist society yet most people in this thread WILL know...how? They won't. Can't place judgement on something that has never been implemented. I guess some people just over think it too much.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 2:55am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Christian Anarchism exists. They believe that the only source of authority comes from God...AKA Jesus Christ.

Isn't having Jesus /God setting rules counter to the concept of anarchy?

What all of you failed to notice is that ALL systems fail...ALL society's fail.

Perhaps though some have longer more viable longevity than others. Some have more functionality than others.

What I think is really funny is how we never know what it has been like to live in an anarchist society yet most people in this thread WILL know...how? They won't. Can't place judgement on something that has never been implemented.

Weren't you the one who posted the wiki link of attempted anarchist societies  earlier in this topic?

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 3:51am

danielo

danielo

1,367 posts

Spaz, When a couple want to build a house, they dont build and then look how it look. its not a game you know, its not like "we will give you 25 years of anarchy. if it will work out, keep going. if people will starve to death or thing will jsut fall apart, well, game over. lets restart socity".

Did there are robot soliders? we have a thread about it. but i didnt saw anyone sya "lets build them and then see, how can you judge if they will become slughter machins who will try to destrou the human race if we didnt built them yet?".

In this forum, dear friend, we discuse on topics. I know that this topic is close to your heart, but it wont stop us from talking about it. This is the forum porpuse. we talk about ideas. about how realistic they are, if they are right or wrong, we dig. you will never find a thread wher all peopel support you and say how good is what you said. people may agree with you, but there is always something you say wrong. always. im not talking just about you, but about everyone here. you know how many bloody battles i had with nichodemus? He dont agree with me on some topics. and find many of what i say as wrong. but this way, I think better, he think better. I think about what he say, and solutions, answers. even if i dont agree about what nicho replay to me, I think on what i can say to him on that, so my ideas are getting better. i think on them, i find in what they are wrong and sharpe them. This is what discusins are all about.

You cant forge a sword without hit it over and over with a hammer you know. And this forum give you a good quality hammer. Use it! :)

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 4:52am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

I can see why Spaz abandoned his thread.

No, I think it's funny when people dig way too deep into how anarchism works and how it will fail and how it will succeed. What all of you failed to notice is that ALL systems fail...ALL society's fail. Anarchism is just another way of living through it all. What I think is really funny is how we never know what it has been like to live in an anarchist society yet most people in this thread WILL know...how? They won't. Can't place judgement on something that has never been implemented. I guess some people just over think it too much.

Isn't it incredulous that people can somehow "overthink" on an issue of such magnitude? It's profoundly insipid on your part if you claim as such; libraries of books on anarchism have been written and burnt yet this is overthinking?

It is true that all systems fail. Yet it is also accurate to say that certain systems we have tried as a species has led to more failure than success. I find it funny that you claim it's not a failure hypothetically just because we haven't really attempted it. Well we have, and it has been an abject failure. We have examples that share such characteristics of anarchism implemented with horrendous results. If we hold firmly to the idea that judgement shall not be passed on hypothetical systems that have never had a chance to flourish, who are you to proclaim that it will be a success, or to so casually dismiss our discussion? And that is hypocritically humorous on so many levels.

All societies to date have failed? What about the current democratic one we have been waltzing through? Or at least much of the Western world has. It has it's cracks and holes, yet to say it is a complete failure is preposterous. To claim that this (All societies fail) is reason enough to judge anarchism as a plausible success or at least to give it a try is shoddy logic that doesn't stand up.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 4:53am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

True that most societies have failed if we take into account the whole span of human history*.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 6:56pm

danielo

danielo

1,367 posts

Remmeber, the Romans Were here for almost a milenium. we still have time to see if we will be better. And even the mighty Rome had time when it seems that ending was going to be in the near future, and yet the romans got back on ther fit and rise up.
So here we are talking about a political system. only time will show if democracy is here to last, or it wont be able to stay for long. how old this system is? no more than 300 years. You can debate wher it realy started, and what is democracy. But as for now, we cant judge if it fail or not. as the prove say, only the dead see the end of the war. only by looking from the future we can say "this is when rome as falled" or "this is when france was created". Around the year of -100 BC - 100 AC, people were sure that rome going to fall. this is when all the 'prophets' and chosen ones start talking, one of them jesus, on 'the end of times' and all the fun who come with it. they felt rome going to fall. but yet they survived for more than half a milenia, and if you count the byzantine as rome, even more time. So climing now that Democracy is failing, well, its more of a Statement than a opinion. Does anarchy going to survive more in your opinion?

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 7:16pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

how old this system is? no more than 300 years.

lets look that up 1st ;)
i think the definition : democracy is a political system in which all the members of the society have an equal share of formal political power. is spot on.

Reply to Anarchism

You must be logged in to post a reply!