Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Anonymous?

Posted Sep 24, '12 at 8:35pm

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

126 posts

You know I live California! OH MA GAWD! I HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED EVERYONE.

Pangton nailed the coffin. Anonymous has turned into different things over the years :/ All of it for good. (in my opinion)

DDOS! LOL anyone can DDOS. The sad thing is, anyone can do anything in the name of Anonymous, so you have to really identify the real ones and who is a true anon.

Posted Sep 24, '12 at 11:46pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

Pangton nailed the coffin. Anonymous has turned into different things over the years :/ All of it for good. (in my opinion)

I'ma start with the name on this -_- I don't mean to sound like a stickler but please keep my name lowercase...also if you shorten it, just put pang.

Now to the change, I do think that the change to become more outspoken about certain issues is a good change, however I am not a huge fan at all the appearances. Before there seemed to be a sort of shadow over anonymous, you never knew when they'd strike or what would cause them to go off, and that added an element of fear about them. Now Anonymous is involved in every issue, so it takes that element of fear out.

so you have to really identify the real ones and who is a true anon.

Rules 3 & 4 of the internet...

Rule 3. We are Anonymous.
Rule 4. Anonymous is legion.

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 12:42am

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

Now Anonymous is involved in every issue, so it takes that element of fear out.

I would argue the exact opposite.  Anonymous is divided in supporting and being involved in every issue.  If most of them got together on one thing, who knows what they would be capable of.

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 4:14pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

Anonymous is divided in supporting and being involved in every issue.  If most of them got together on one thing, who knows what they would be capable of

That's what happened with the old Anonymous. They were mostly dormant, but when an issue came about that they felt they needed to step in on, that issue face all of Anonymous. The link in my post describing the differences of old Anonymous and new Anonymous had a link that showed what Anonymous could do when working together.

Also, there is the wonderful example of Anonymous vs. Scientology

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 5:22pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,943 posts

Knight

Also, there is the wonderful example of Anonymous vs. Scientology

Scientology still exists, so they better start doing something..

Is there a "true" Anon anyway? All I hear "them" doing is calling hackers to aid against some thing or another. Tell me they're not just a bunch of teenies/young adults showing off.

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 5:56pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

Scientology still exists, so they better start doing something..

Though Scientology is still around, for Anonymous to do what they did and get the response they did for Operation Chanology, that is quite amazing (in my opinion)

Is there a "true" Anon anyway? All I hear "them" doing is calling hackers to aid against some thing or another. Tell me they're not just a bunch of teenies/young adults showing off.

Don't worry...there is a True Anonymous. Refer back to rules 3 and 4 that I posted...

Rule 3. We are Anonymous.
Rule 4. Anonymous is legion.

Anonymous is not a select group of people on the internet, it is everyone on the internet. (hence the WE are Anonymous).

There are 3 types of people when it comes to Anonymous, those that denounce being apart of it (and thus don't associate themselves with Anonymous), those that accept their Anonymous status, and those that are unaware of Anonymous (despite not knowing, they are still apart, because, as stated with rule 3, We are Anonymous)

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 7:38pm

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

That's what happened with the old Anonymous. They were mostly dormant, but when an issue came about that they felt they needed to step in on, that issue face all of Anonymous. The link in my post describing the differences of old Anonymous and new Anonymous had a link that showed what Anonymous could do when working together.

I don't pay attention to whats going on, and even I know the world has never seen what Anonymous' limits are.  Admittedly getting that many people working together for any length of time is almost impossible, when it happens the world will change.

There is a core group, but even they fight amongst themselves.  The loud ones you hear are mostly the newer Anonymous, they make a lot of noise and raise awareness.  The ones you don't hear from are the ones that do the hacking and such.

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 8:07pm

rafterman

rafterman

623 posts

Anonymous is the name of hipsters protesting things they dislike who took the name from a group of people from 4chan who raided various websites. Both of which occasionally DDoS but only the former calls it hacking.
Anonymous isn't some sort of omniscient force waiting to pounce or a crusader of justice  such as this thread suggests. Anonymous is whoever claims the name at a specific moment.

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 8:39pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

Anonymous is the name of hipsters protesting things they dislike who took the name from a group of people from 4chan who raided various websites. Both of which occasionally DDoS but only the former calls it hacking.
Anonymous isn't some sort of omniscient force waiting to pounce or a crusader of justice  such as this thread suggests. Anonymous is whoever claims the name at a specific moment.

That is what some people like to believe, but from first-hand experience I can tell you Anonymous is much different and much more powerful than you think

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 9:02pm

danielo

danielo

1,365 posts

Afcours they are powerfull. its like all these german-russians kids who call themselve nazis, go around and do what they belive is nazi'ing, not even knowing more than the "Swastika" and "hate these and these and these", so they just beat everything they see.
This is the modern annonymus - every 12 kid with a talent to computers hack sites and claim he is annonymus, so people will affraid to go after him. if its go to the news, otehr 12 start an assult, claim that its for annonymus.
The problme is, the mass dont know when the true annonymus do things, and when these wanna bes, whome you see in protest with paper masks do. when annonymus hack to a company who fight piracy and when a 40 man who live with his mother hack to a site for kids with Epilepsy and put a gif with bright jumping lights, just to make other people as misrible as him.

Just like i hate all these scene in hard metal, wher people wear 666 and devil stuff in the pose of "yea! we are evil! yea go devil! 666!" this is why i hate all of these wings around annonymus. call me hipster, but when a rebelice thing becaume mainstream, its out. when a close grpup of friends with  a shared ideaoligy becaume a symble for hacking and no more for any agenda, its dead for me.
wher you are a brave rebel, you get the masses {of computer users} support. when you becaume stormcloack {skyrim, just got it! :) }, your rebel is falling apart.

and btw, Spaz, you wrote your email. its so easy to track down where you are from, or even just get your mail. the police can track you faster than you can say "im not realy from annonymus" {which i dont say you are not}.

and for last, just a tip - if you want to make a thread stay for long, make it an argue, not an announcment. "Whats is your opinion on annonymus? i belive i have alot of information, so feel free to ask me...".

Reply to Anonymous?

You must be logged in to post a reply!