ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682548
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned plagiarism is a serious issue within the AG community.

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

is virtually the same as
Like 28374982927% of the universe's population, (if that made sense) I like things that are interesting, and, if you are a fully cognitive organism, you do as well.

Source: Right here buddy

Kidding.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Well someone named Ernie barely taught me how to get his armater without even telling me how much it costs.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

Haha wow, I didn't know either of these things until today! Roseanne is one of the last people I'd ever expect to be Jewish... and those shot glasses, well... I don't know what to think of those! =P

In addition to those things, I learned that Ted Levine, Captain Stottlemeyer from Monk, played Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs... it's incredible how much he changed in only 10 years!
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned that Ted Levine, Captain Stottlemeyer from Monk, played Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs...

Oh, he's a huge horror actor. He was also in the Hills Have Eyes and I think he played a few minor roles in Scream, Dawn of the Dead, and a couple Sc-Fi movies.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned plagiarism is a serious issue within the AG community.

You just got the idea from me before you made the thread.

Well someone named Ernie barely taught me how to get his armater without even telling me how much it costs.

You're also about to learn that it's a ban-worthy offense to reveal how much certain armatars are worth. Not to say, of course, that it's that hard to figure it out on your own using very simple logic and a bit of lurk-searching.

Haha wow, I didn't know either of these things until today!

You can learn a lot about reading things that other people have learned about. That's what makes the cycle of learning endless.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You're also about to learn that it's a ban-worthy offense to reveal how much certain armatars are worth. Not to say, of course, that it's that hard to figure it out on your own using very simple logic and a bit of lurk-searching.

WOAH I'm learning so much today.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

and that gummy shot glasses exist.

You mean those gummy bears soak with alcohol? I learned that too! xD
That would be a good joke to replace candies with those at an old people party. Then you watch them do stupid stuff like trading their fake teeth or stripping to their diapers! xD
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that I keep forgetting to get my laundry, and that AG is helping me procrastinate on my college essay.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

WOAH I'm learning so much today.

I learned that R2D21999 is learning alot today.

AG is helping me procrastinate on my college essay.

I learned that daleks is a procrastinator. I also think that I shouldn't be doing this as I have alot of homework to do.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I didn't learn anything new today, mainly because it is to early. But yesterday I learned that you cannot make a rocket out of any other materiel other then metal. Don't ask what I used in my last rocket..

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i learned that this forum existed.
i learned some new stuff in wizard101
i learned i have alziemers.

who? what? when? where? why?
i'm jk, after all i like pie.

--judhment HAS ALZEIMERS

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I also learned that spikeabc plays wizard101. And he has Alzheimers.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Just now I learned that, including this thread, 6/20 of the threads currently on the first page of the Tavern were started by yours truly. What an accomplishment. I think I'll give myself a trophy.

http://www.trophies2go.com/images/productimages/Dead-Last-Toilet-Resin-Trophy.jpg

I also learned that toilet-shaped trophies exist.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Just now I learned that, including this thread, 6/20 of the threads currently on the first page of the Tavern were started by yours truly. What an accomplishment. I think I'll give myself a trophy.

Spoken like a true Forum King Ernie! Now sit on thy throne sire! LOL

As for what I've learned today...

- Fall has finally begun, not in terms of date (09/21), but in terms of weather! Storm! (o.O)

- Most people are vain, even those that claim they are not. Vanity comes in all shapes and sizes, no matter how small, you too have a vanity of some sort...

- Ernie creates a lot of threads on ArmorGames! (LOL)

- My profile is under attack and is restored in the same way: suddenly and mysteriously! (o.O)

- I need to go to the toilet when seeing a trophy of one, how the mind works... =/

There, learned enough for today! =D
bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I learned that it costs a ton of money just to go into a doctor's office for a checkup, where they do NOTHING.

Showing 1-15 of 2124