Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 6:43pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,244 posts

Knight

No, I mean boppins fixed it after he got a bunch of complaints.

Oh, I thought he fixed it cause he wanted it working. Huh, I need to keep up on the news on AG.

I learned that I like the older Heavy Metal songs a bit more then the newer version. Makes sense, most older things are better.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 8:37pm

Roger721

Roger721

614 posts

Oh, bunnies. It's impressive the amount of stuff people learn a day.

I've learned that being in transit - in a bus - and having to wait for a car move out of the way causes quite a noise. Almost all of the 60-70 passengers of the bus started asking why the bus had stopped and was honking it's horn.

I've also learned that CTRL + SHIFT + T can reopen the last closed tab in Chromium-like browsers. Pretty useful for when you accidentally closes a tab.

And I've learned how to calibrate a measuring system - like a pachymeter or so. They use blocks with standard, well-known measurements to adjust the precision of the system. I've also learned that those blocks are expensive. Trust me, it's like engineering school. XD

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 9:44pm

ultimatesanta

ultimatesanta

88 posts

I learned that google mail checker can be really helpful when your having a conversation and your doing something else.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 10:04pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I learned about the Fibonacci Sequence today, which makes me feel stupid in that I probably should have known this before. Pretty cool stuff, though.

I also learned about the Dymaxion sleep cycle today, and am wondering if I should try to apply it. Oh, the freedoms of being a homeschooler :D

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 1:27am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

I don't wander the halls very often since I spend most of my work hours in the gym, but today I did and I was fortunate to see a student leaning coolly against the front of a water fountain... he thought he was so cool as he leaned back against the button, unbeknownst to him he was wetting the back of his shirt! xD

Moral of the story: don't lean on water fountains!

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 6:53am

ShadowDrake

ShadowDrake

6 posts

I learned they are giving more leeway to english people to beat up burglars in their homes! May not be very interesting but sure is a learning curve for those burglars!

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 5:52pm

redslaughterer

redslaughterer

210 posts

I learned that jettisoning from a helicopter from high up and not using a parachute does not end well... O f course, not in real life, though, a game.

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 5:57pm

cjhall

cjhall

220 posts

I learned that anatomy teachers find human skeletons in closets. O.o

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 6:50pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,828 posts

Knight

I learned that I can still get new building ideas for CTC2PP even though I made about 3000 levels. :O

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 8:17pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,549 posts

Knight

While microwaving frozen corn dogs, I learned that the box they come in gives terrible directions. I had to heat them up three times because the time the box told me to heat it up for was completely off.

This is just an inference, but I don't think you have to be qualified to do anything to be the person who writes directions for frozen meals.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!