ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682517
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Today I learned that geriatric1927 died 3 months ago. R.I.P grandfather of Youtube. ;-;

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

I learned, for the 100th time, that when you play 5 hours of video games in a day by yourself after a long week of doing nothing, you feel like a horrible person.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I learned that I have an awful habit of forgetting about things.

xXTAVIONXx13
xXTAVIONXx13
1 posts
Nomad

I learned that moving to a new house is hard

xXJOSIAHXx12
xXJOSIAHXx12
1 posts
Nomad

I learned how to do a cannon ball backflip

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I learned that paint in an open wound is not a good thing at all.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that moving to a new house is hard

It's fun and annoying at the same time. Everything is in a box somewhere and the entire house is full of boxes for at least a month. xD
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I learned that accidentally touching the eject button on a XBox 360 slim while a game is being played causes the disk to incur a huge laser burn that invalidates it's warranty.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I learned that even if a rock is tossed at you lightly, it can still cut the skin.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned from a Pokedex website that Steelix weighs 881.8 pounds, and I confirmed this Poke-fact through other Pokedex websites.

Can someone explain how 30 feet of solid steel can weigh under 900 pounds while a 13-foot long Toyota Yaris can weigh 2295? =P

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I learned that people still don't know that pokemon weights and heights make no sense at all.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned again how much I hate email. The hatred is mutual in my case.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that I can wear an armatar I drew myself.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that this thread has over 100,000 views. It's catching up to the photo thread.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that people still don't know that pokemon weights and heights make no sense at all.

Oh, I figured that out the first time I ever looked at a Pokedex... but I still want an explanation, even if I have to fly all the way to Japan to get it. =D

I learned that it's much easier to earn the quests in Crush The Castle Adventures than it is to beat my friends' scores. This is the type of problem you face when you have expert players like @SSTG, @daleks, @kegaumongo, @MrDayCee and @xXxDAPRO89xXx as your friends... =P
Showing 1486-1500 of 2124