ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682875
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that this dude @Cylarne is a total beast at quests.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Incremental games are addicting. Although, I somewhat new this before today.

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that I've been pronouncing one of my friend's names wrong for like...ever. And I learned how to pronounce it. Sort of. He said I got close.

DesertFang
DesertFang
6 posts
Shepherd

i learned that u learned something new everyday

Jemographic
Jemographic
1 posts
Peasant

Today I learned that Keeping a positive K.D in CSGO is hard with a broken mouse arm!

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that a rocket with infinitely many stages will not reach an infinitely high velocity. Simply put, diminishing returns on velocity due to infinitely increasing mass of the rocket.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I learned that a rocket blew up yesterday. BOOOMMMMMM

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that a rocket blew up yesterday. BOOOMMMMMM

Me too! All this $$$ up in flames and tiny pieces. :O
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

today I learned nationalism is bad and good but the topic enlightened me to think that if it was something like loving the world instead of country, maybe it would better that way, but I know its more complicated than just sentences

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

loving the world instead of country

Well then you end up with McWorld. Sure, everyone embraces the world, but in order to do so, unique cultures are steamrolled, not to mention politics are globalized, and there are a couple inherent issues with that. Yeah, there are pretty good reasons (resource, information, market, and ecological or environmental or one of those things, and there's probably a few more things too) for it. But the national identity of unique places are lacking. Instead of representing one nation, it moves into the realm of being a conglomerate that only looks out for itself. In such a hypothetical situation, no one ends up getting represented and the world's under a monopoly.
But the opposite is even worse.

Whoops, I went on a rampage. My only excuse is that on Friday, my government teacher talked about that Jihad vs McWorld article and we ended up having a debate.

Anyway, I learned that I can apparently rant about (probably) misinformed political ideas at the drop of a hat.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned that a man's ring finger is always longer than his index finger, whereas a woman's ring and index finger are both the same length.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that I must destroy blk at all costs.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

I learn that I should not play horror games at midnight, inside a storage area.

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that you can crave hoodies.

I seriously want a hoodie. Every other thought is about hoodies. But I know if I go to the university store, it will be so expensive, and just decorated with the university's garbage logos...

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that Marvel is going to be making an Attack on Titan crossover. I know it's affecting the main series or anything, but I still don't like it.

Showing 1666-1680 of 2124