ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682850
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned where my band director lives. I'll use that information for future things.

I learned that their is a Quests page today

That was there since a few days after you made your account.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Today is St. Andrew's day.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Learned that I'm not as fit as I used to be. :9

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

That if you get your prof to like you, he might just give you a ton of bonus points, (which he did today in our finals).

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Getting to know your teachers is always a good idea. Obviously if you need a letter of recomendation then you will need to make sure to know your teachers well. Also like LEGEND said they might give you bonus points of be more willing to bump up your grade if you are on the edge.

Anyway. I learned how to prove Taylor Series exist and work. Proving it is a tad longer than some proofs but except for one step I understand all of it. I still hate them though.

Your_dad
Your_dad
16 posts
Nomad

I learned that some people think my farts smell like popcorn. Honestly people?!

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that it really bugs me having a hodgepodge of quests from different games on the front of my profile, I like things more organized...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that, with that recent Forum Games update, I'm not even part of the list that makes up the top 10 highest posters on AG. There are 11 that I have found with higher post counts. Still hunting dow--err, looking for more.

@Dragonblaze052
@Hypermnestra
@DBLACKSTAR
@SirNoobalot
@firetail_madness
@loco5
@locoace3
@GhostOfMatrix
@R2D21999
@knight_34
@Cenere

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I learned that pallets are not a sturdy as one may expect...

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I learned that, with that recent Forum Games update, I'm not even part of the list that makes up the top 10 highest posters on AG. There are 11 that I have found with higher post counts. Still hunting dow--err, looking for more.

The first 4 and to an extent locoace3 are entirely because of our year-spanning Dungeons and Dragons games waaay back, don't feel bad!
But really, those games were almost always on the top of the Forum Games list for years. That's how busy they were.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

@Dragonblaze052
@Hypermnestra
@DBLACKSTAR
@SirNoobalot
@firetail_madness
@loco5
@locoace3
@GhostOfMatrix
@R2D21999
@knight_34
@Cenere

I learned that I wasn't truely where I thought I was in posts. I thought I was fourth highest in posts with only GoM, loco5, and Firetail being above me, but now that Ernie showed that list, it seems I'm the 9th highest. Geez, over 2,600 posts. How will I pass that? ._.

@locoace3

I don't know if it's a spelling error or if he was banned, but that link leads to a 404.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@Dragonblaze052
@Hypermnestra
@DBLACKSTAR
@SirNoobalot
@firetail_madness
@loco5
@locoace3
@GhostOfMatrix
@R2D21999
@knight_34
@Cenere

Whooaaaa! I've heard of these users but I didn't know they had that many posts... I thought the highest was still firetail. Anyways, thanks for putting up that list Ernie.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

22,283 posts

Holy heck. I didn't even realize all those people jumped up so high.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I didn't even know that there was anyone with nearly that many posts!
I had just assumed that Firetail was still on top, didn't imagine that anyone else would be able to jump that much.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that even with an edit button, I will make mistakes and not notice them for awhile.

2,600 posts

26,000 posts*

Showing 1726-1740 of 2124