Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Oct 15, '12 at 6:36pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,625 posts

*looks at the updated AG* i learned that my parents were right, there is a santa. although i'm not entirely sure if he's good or evil yet

Posted Oct 15, '12 at 7:39pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

i learned that my parents were right, there is a santa. although i'm not entirely sure if he's good or evil yet

He's evil, and you're dyslexic. His name is actually "Satan".

I learned that Ghiradelli caramel squares come in four varieties, not one as I had previously believed. Milk chocolate caramel, dark chocolate caramel, vanilla caramel and caramel latte; for all I know, there may be other caramel flavors I'm not yet aware of.

Posted Oct 15, '12 at 8:35pm

BLINDsniper1

BLINDsniper1

87 posts

I learned what e=mc^2 actually means, and how it is applied in chemistry. Also some other stuff

Posted Oct 16, '12 at 4:39pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,315 posts

Knight

He's evil, and you're dyslexic. His name is actually "Satan".

You never stop amazing me Ernie, awesome. I will keep note of this.

I learned that I like this thread a lot. But besides that, I learned that I can play the Harmonica very well with no training at all. Pretty cool.

Posted Oct 16, '12 at 8:11pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

I learned that I can play the Harmonica very well with no training at all.

I learned that I could do the same thing not too long ago. I taught myself to play in about 5 minutes.

Speaking of music, anyone ever heard of Ronnie Milsap?

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/40384983.png

I learned some interesting stuff about him yesterday after looking him up due to his name popping up in an episode of Monk. You're probably wondering why he's wearing those shades, for example, and why if you search for him you won't be able to find a single image of him without them on.

Well, he was born blind. However, unlike most blind musicians, Ronnie's case is interesting because he has no eyes. Just plastic ones underneath the shades. That's about the most interesting thing I've learned in a very long time and I probably won't get over it for a while.

On a more solemn note, I also learned yesterday that the McRib will not be available until the late half of December. Read this post for slightly more information.

Posted Oct 16, '12 at 9:36pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,304 posts

I learned that tomorrow is 10/11/12! I better pay close attention so I can tell the "Why was 6 afraid of 7" joke and say the punchline at 12:34 and 56 seconds! =D

Funny thing, I actually looked at my watch at exactly 12:34 and 56 seconds on that day! Shame I didn't remember to tell the joke, let alone time the punchline perfectly...

But I did learn that I can't eat beef stew without toast! =P

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 12:07am

SSTG

SSTG

11,365 posts

Knight

I learned or noticed that I often look at the clock and it says 9:09,
10:10, 11:11, or 12:12 and this happen at least twice a day and it's been like this for many years now. I think it's because I have a clock in my head. I can count seconds in my head and I'm 95% right when I verify on an actual clock. :)

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 12:25am

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

I learned or noticed that I often look at the clock and it says 9:09,
10:10, 11:11, or 12:12 and this happen at least twice a day and it's been like this for many years now. I think it's because I have a clock in my head. I can count seconds in my head and I'm 95% right when I verify on an actual clock. :)

I wonder if it's a psychology thing, like the full moon. Speaking of which, did you know that if you wonder if there's a full moon at that moment, there's a good chance that it actually is a full moon?

Nobody knows why, but it's like it's built into us. I guess the time wouldn't really apply, but who knows...

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 1:43am

knight_34

knight_34

14,286 posts

Nothing.

(I dare a mod to delete this.)

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 8:56am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

(I dare a mod to delete this.)