ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682848
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

@gumption is our newest knight. Nicolas Cage is no longer on the About Armor Games page, but he will always hold a special place in our hearts.

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

What!? @gumption is no longer an admin??? WHY?

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned this on Monday but, you can clog a toilet with an orange. I can't wait to try that in school.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I learned the Yiddish word for someones a--.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that every once in a while, the peanut inside of a Peanut M&M is burnt. If they could be consistent about it, they could easily market Smoky Peanut M&Ms.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I learned that I am still not a knight yet there are two mods that have been promoted to admin.

;_;

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned this.

I wish I had learned how to program when I was 14, 15 yo. I feel like I missed something big. That's the reason why I'm so fascinated by the Amiga community. Man those guys have so much fun!

Next year I'll be a middle aged man. The closest I ever been to computers was when I was building little devices on PCB boards using parts bought at Radio Shack that I dropped in my backpack and rode to my friends house on my bike (Summer, Fall and Winter) and spent evenings putting all these pieces together. What a waste.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I learned that I should not pour muriatic acid with ungloved hands. D=
Not to worry, I'll heal.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I 'learned' rules in school today. Although I did learn them, that doesn't exactly mean I'm going to follow them.

Oh yeah and I learned that since one of the elementary schools were shutdown this year, the whole bus system changed.

emoreper769
emoreper769
2 posts
Jester

I learned that Armor Games has some severe problems when it comes to posting new games on the website. (That are actually good)

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that R2's in school already. Poor R2.

I also learned that I can download adobe illustrator for freeeee

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I also learned that I can eat an entire big bag of cheesy popcorn in less than two minutes. I'm gonna log off and go to the toilet. Bye!

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that a good chunk of the 7-8 year olds I deal with this week already know far more swears than they should. I let this one little boy text insults to one of my friends and he wanted to use some...questionable vocabulary. How do children learn these words? Who gives them access to that stuff?

Also I (re)learned that some children have no concept of personal space and GRAB ONTO YOUR LEGS WHILE WALKING
However if the child is small enough I can walk a reasonably fair distance.

Last but certainly not least, I learned that there's only one person at the espresso bar I go to after my shift that can make a decent cream soda. If it's not made by the tattooed guy, it's less good.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that two of my posts were deleted within the past 5 days. I'll never know which ones they were, nor will I ever care in the slightest, but I've always kept a close watch on the number.

Showing 1966-1980 of 2124