Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 12:32am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I learned that legendary actor Mickey Rooney died yesterday at the age of 93.

I read about that last night. I'm surprised nothing was posted about it until today (yesterday AG time).

I learned that Mickey Rooney's real name was Joseph Yule Jr. I also learned that there's a new "Bug Killer" quest that a couple dozen people have earned already.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 12:55am

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

662 posts

Today I learned that I now need size 15 basketball shoes. I just got these basketball shoes that I ordered online:
http://www.fuikaomar.es/2378-7694-large/nike-zoom-hyperfuse-2013-red.jpg

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 3:56am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

I learned that its getting so warm already that leaving a bottle of soda out for less than an hour makes it warm too.. xp

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 6:17pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,462 posts

Some of this stuff I actually learned yesterday.

Yesterday, I learned that I don't have diabetes. Yay. Unfortunately I'll most likely get diabetes in my 30s, 40s, or 50s. Not yay.

Also apparently diabetes runs through my dad's side of the family.

Also if you eat something before a blood test or whatever at the doctor's, it apparently means you're high risk of diabetes. But actually, I wasn't suppose to eat for 8 hours before the blood test. Which I ate a poptart literally 30 minutes before the test.

The blood test happened 2 weeks ago but we didn't know about the eating thing until 2 weeks later at the doctor's.

Also my school band is learning the song Spy Chase.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 11:29pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,797 posts

I learned that OH MY GOSH WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TAVERN?! Oh, there it is.

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 3:19am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I learned that legacy comments are being moved into Disqus format as we speak. All of the 17,000+ legacy comments from my messenger have now been Disqustomized*.

I also learned that the Tavern is sky high at the top of the community page, so as long as this thread is at the top of the Tavern page, it's also at the very top of the community.

*I have since trademarked this word, and thus I will receive royalties whenever it is used. You have been warned.

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 4:37pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

887 posts

I too learned that The Tavern is way up at the top, and that I have a dentist appointment on Friday that I apparently scheduled months ago without realizing it.

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 5:27pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

That my hourly wage will increase from $11 to $17 if I stay with the company throughout the summer.

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 5:44pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,259 posts

Knight

Today I learned that it is possible to walk 20 miles in a day.

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 7:35pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,040 posts

Administrator

I've learned you can bold, italicize and underline things in Disqus using HTML code.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!