ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684623
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

I leaned that you buy a lot of really low quality food for practically nothing at asda (walmart)

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I learned what a Latvian musical instrument called a kokle sounds like. This is probably the most interesting thing that Ive learned in a month.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

I learned that Italy has frontier with Slovenia

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I learnt that a friend of mine is going abroad.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I learned exactly what a hickey is. I knew how it was made but i didnt know exactly what it was.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

It is my country's independence day today.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that my car is visible from Google Maps street view.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

A new "neologism".

Made by a waetherman... instead of "band of cloud" he used "rain-banger (rain-sausage)"

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I want to grow a yeard. I've got 3 months down on the 25th.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that Castro survived over 600 assassination attempts.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I was working out at a gym and was putting weight plates on an Olympic bar. I learned that if I put on the clip that holds the plates in place on upside down (it's almost the same upside down, but there's a tiny gap that lets the plates rattle a little bit) some crazy middle aged dude that doesn't work there will come over from across the gym, correct my terrible mistake, scold me for "doing it wrong", punch me in the chest, and then walk away.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I've found an amazing local barber - he owns and is the sole barber of his shop, it's clean and well-maintained, and he has a ton of experience with hair.
I just need to get this lawn on top of my head under control, and I refuse to go to a "salon" or big franchise.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I can only see game comments when I am not logged in. It is not a browser issue after all.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Ice Cube's son, O'Shea Jackson, Jr, portrays his father in Straight Outta Compton. He still had to audition for it.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Shimeji exist and are adorable.

Showing 1981-1995 of 2124