ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684688
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that when people around you keep coughing and even though you never get sick, the bug will get you eventually.
Here I am today with 1 hour of sleep (maybe), a scratchy throat, runny nose, sinus headache, pain in my muscles, also on one side of my face, teeth and a dry red nose!!!
In other word I'm a mess. :O

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that some customer service agents can actually be helpful sometimes.Who knew?! :P

Why were you calling a customer service agency balloony? That is suicide!!!

Today I learned how to make a awesome fuel with only 2 ingredients. Im not saying though.... =) Its a secret. And no people, I have not stolen my sisters nail polish remover again. lol
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned how ridiculously close this election is, especially in Florida. Right now Obama appears to be leading by about 1500 votes, but it's been a real tossup for those 29 crucial electoral votes.

I really don't care who wins the election. I just enjoy watching it because it makes me feel like I'm a part of things for once.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I learned how to survive and do logarithms.

How doesn't love math?! :P

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that election day appears to be a slow day for the forums... I'm still seeing posts on the first page from yesterday!

I guess everyone's been out voting... =)

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that America is a nation of idiots.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I also learned that the government will force us to have a president that he majority of voters voted against. Hooray for stupidity!

awesomenessperson7
awesomenessperson7
149 posts
Nomad

I learned about politics and the electoral college vote and other political because somehow the electoral college voting system has something to do with math according to my teacher

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Why were you calling a customer service agency balloony? That is suicide!!!

Because it was necessary! Trust me, I would rather I didn't have to do it. I'm just glad it worked out okay for once!

On another note, today I learned it is annoying when someone keeps trying to compromise with you when you don't want them to compromise when they are doing it because they think it is easier for you (but it really isn't, not that they will believe you).
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned that numbers start using 2 -tillions at some point

441 trillion sexagintillion years

Didn't think they did that...apparently kids were on the right path with "a million bajillion years" stuff..

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I also learned that the government will force us to have a president that he majority of voters voted against. Hooray for stupidity!

You made the same mistaken Trump made. Obama actually captured a majority of the popular vote. But I agree that the electoral college system is stupid.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit, isn't that just amazing?

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned how to fight with a Scythe. Don't mess..... with a farmer people! All I can say. =)

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

The United States will continue to implode.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I had one box of orange Nerds left today. I decided I'd dump the entire contents in my mouth at once. Now, I already knew Nerds had a bit of a bite to them when eaten a few at a time, but I learned today just how intense an entire box of those things can be when you put it all in your mouth at the same time. Needless to say, I haven't experienced a flavor explosion of that magnitude in quite some time.

Showing 256-270 of 2124