ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682924
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I've learned that a page can only hold up to 10 posts.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

squash isnt native to mexico apparently. so says my geography teacher. i call b.s.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've learned that a page can only hold up to 10 posts.

Except for the first page, which can hold up to 11 if you include the OP. So I guess it would be more accurate to say that a page can only hold up to 10 replies.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I did learn today that corned beef is usually a brisket! And I also learned that small the BBCode buttons were gone for some time, because it looked like people were complaining about it earlier!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So I guess it would be more accurate to say that a page can only hold up to 10 replies.

You say potato I say pootato.

I also learned that you can report your own posts.
awesomenessperson7
awesomenessperson7
149 posts
Nomad

I learned how to play the verse and the chorus from Trade Mistakes by Panic! At The Disco on my trumpet i feel special lol and that my 6 year old sister gets all butt hurt when you blow up her stuff in minecraft - oops

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Just a few minutes ago, for the first time, I stopped to notice the little black bar on the left of every quoted message... I guess you could say I learned a new bit of perspective!

Special thanks to pang for unintentionally pointing that out to me... =)

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I've learned that people at armorgames are much more friendly than other forum sites.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I've learned that people at armorgames are much more friendly than other forum sites.

I've learned that he has not known us completely yet.
canada24
canada24
12 posts
Nomad

Well i learned the soviet ruassian nationel anthem for not good reason and opa ganam syle

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Special thanks to pang for unintentionally pointing that out to me... =)

Woo! =D Getting noticed! haha no problem Pilot

I learned that the lead singer of Suicide Silence died not too long ago
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Well i learned the soviet ruassian nationel anthem for not good reason and opa ganam syle

Are you really from Canada?
I can't understand anything you wrote. :O
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned about Google Chrome's "dead" pages... I've been using this browser for months but today was the first time I ever saw it do this...

http://www.madfellas.com/blog/enclosures/chrome-tab-crash_56eb9479-80e5-4566-a8b7-01b267119eb7.png

I guess I have to blame AG's lag for this one, since this is the only site where this has ever happened to me!

But I guess it's fairly well-known at this point, considering they've made a t-shirt in its honor...

http://rlv.zcache.com/2_sides_google_chrome_aw_snap_geek_t_shirt-rcb42b9e7d2c04152acf41d4b8baf6689_f0cjj_512.jpg

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that I can eat tons of greasily addictive appetizers at Outback Steakhouse--my favorite of which being the Bloomin' Onion--and still be hungry for wood fire-grilled seafood. Why am I not over 200 pounds?

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I learned that if you stick something in the wrong place in a laptop forcefully for about five minutes, that the laptop will blow.

Showing 286-300 of 2124