ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684694
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned that not all tangerines are seedless. I have to keep a Pepsi bottle by my computer so I can spit out all the seeds.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that Skeleton_Pilot is a PE teacher...

I wish he was my PE teacher, that guy is awesome!

Today I learned that I look pretty scary when I stare at people, I almost made my mom fall out of her seat cause she thought I was staring at her, but I was staring at the squirrel in our backyard that was to my mothers right side. I need to work on that...
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned what Steam is and presumably what the SteamID box on your profile signifies. I didn't realize it was so widely-used, seeing that I myself had never known about it before today.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I learned what Steam is and presumably what the SteamID box on your profile signifies. I didn't realize it was so widely-used, seeing that I myself had never known about it before today.

I wouldn't be surprised. I myself didn't know it because I have never in my life played a "Proper" PC game.

I learned that I can work extremely well under pressure. We did a test in school (As in activity, not written) and apparently I am somewhere around the 3rd best person at working under pressure at my school. That includes all the other years too. However I don't believe it. The way they tested it didn't look right.

Then again, there might be some truth, it would explain how all of my last minute school work doesn't do half bad.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Zebrafish (Danio Rerio) can among other important body parts regrow their brain after traumatic injury.

ShadowArchon
ShadowArchon
154 posts
Shepherd

I relearned that Americans put punctuation before speech marks, while British people put them after.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I can name more small and obscure countries than I can relatively significant ones.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Zebrafish (Danio Rerio) can among other important body parts regrow their brain after traumatic injury.

The Turritopsis nutricula can, for all intents and purposes, live forever. As long as it isn't killed by a predator (humans included) or something in the environment
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Hmm... I learned that heat can make a balloon expand. And that you can cook a basketball xDDD

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I relearned that Americans put punctuation before speech marks, while British people put them after.

I've always put them after speech marks instead of before. Even though it's not the "American" way, it's always made more sense to me than putting them on the inside.

I learned that the ukelele (or the "yuke" as I often refer to it) is an incredibly easy instrument to learn. Having never picked one up before, I taught myself "Ode to Joy" on one string in about two minutes.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that a Hershey's bar is enough to keep me from being hungry for stew for another hour... I guess that's why people eat them for dessert! =P

I learned that Skeleton_Pilot is a PE teacher...now I've been trying to imagine him as the stereotypical PE teacher XD

*blows whiste* That's enough talking ladies! Now run the perimeter of the gym 50 times then drop and give me 20! =D

I wish he was my PE teacher, that guy is awesome!

Aww... you'd be an awesome student! =)
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

I learned that my school can't keeps it's wired internet or WiFi working for more than a week. It's quite sad really.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Doctor Who has been around since early 1960's O.o

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I learned (at 6 a.m. in the morning) that my parents' car has a spare wheel. I thought it was too old for that.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I learned that if you drop a screw, it is impossible to find.

Showing 316-330 of 2124