ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682852
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned the flu makes it impossible to do anything.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

True that, Sal.
I was sick for about three days last week, and was barely able to stand up without being groggy or in pain.
Still aching slightly when I walk.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that one of my seasonal armatar submissions actually meets armatar standards. There's a first for everything, I guess.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned about this amazing optical illusion on accident from a Google search...

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/a/4/8/d/a.baa-Mind-Blown-away.png

There is text in the image, but it's not my text and it's nothing remotely bad. =)

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@Skele

Whoaa! That's cool! Me thinks that the left was a female too :P
Also, I learned that my orchestra teacher has a son (he came in to "observe&quot

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned that the 40-hour work week was a result of collective bargaining from unions.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

^ I learned that someone is finally wearing the only available armatar that I made.

I also learned that Hot Fudge Sundae Pop Tarts are back.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/hotfudgepoptarts.jpg

To this day, I have never eaten a more delicious Pop Tart.

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

People are hypocrites.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that it can take 5 minutes just to get from one forum page to another... is it me or is this lag becoming more and more intense?

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

It was bothering me on my phone last night, but, I just figured it was my phone being slow and not AG.

I learned that if you do Chinese Whispers in a class, it never comes out correctly.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned that Glorie Ndongala won $23,000 from Dr Pepper.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Dexter from Dexter's Lab and Chuckie from Rugrats are both voiced by Christine Cavanaugh. I don't know why I was never able to figure out that they were the same voice.

Hikakin_Fan
Hikakin_Fan
396 posts
Lord

i learned that my mario kart doesnt work.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that my soccer team is NOT invincible x)

See my profile for details ^^

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I learned that if I had been as active in the forums when I first joined AG as I am now...I'd have somewhere around 5,700 posts

Showing 331-345 of 2124