ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684668
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
collimore
collimore
45 posts
Peasant

I learned that just because your parents tell you nobody will be at the christmas tree place, you should not go in pajama bottoms and a sweatshirt. Because people from your school will be there and you will be forced to hide among the christmas trees...

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I learned that I was going to make a thread but because a spammer came round and necro'd my old thread I have to wait for it to die before I can make a new one.

On the bright side, I also learned that I really really like mangos. I can't stop eating them.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup learnt that drawing one armed chickens and bears arm wrestling while listening to old Eminem can be very...interesting.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I learned that I need a foam roller. I don't get muscle soreness that often, but the days I do it's unbearable, especially if it's my lower back and/or legs.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I learnt that I can last nearly 24 hours without sleep, on the internet.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I learned that whenever you feel like a hurricane is reaking havoc inside your head... you need to stop with whatever you are doing, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths...
Then slowly continue with what you were doing and it all seems a lot easier and more clear than before! Never actually practiced that suggestion which has been given to me before! =)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learnt that I can last nearly 24 hours without sleep, on the internet.

That's it? Give me the interwebs and I'll never need sleep

I learned that the news article about a man in India suing Axe because women didn't flock to him was a faux article
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I learned that elementary students are amazing singers and instrument players.

Best. Concert. Ever.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I have just learnt that I am highly unfit, or at least from my peak.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I learned that I wake up way too easily.
Have woke up at 4am now for the past few nights..

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I learned that due to shows like storage wars and such real storage auctions are packed full the roof with people trying to buy something.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that bras do not fit me well.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that due to shows like storage wars and such real storage auctions are packed full the roof with people trying to buy something.

^^ I learned that few days ago xD

Anyways I learned it is Gumption's birthday! Happy Birthday to him!
arcticwolf33
arcticwolf33
485 posts
Nomad

i didn't really learn anything today, but yesterday I learned what dark matter is and that if you play the song Stairway to Heaven backwards, then you can hear actual lyrics to a whole song. It's really weird. There's this big debate whether they did that on purpose or not.

NightzDreamz
NightzDreamz
3 posts
Nomad

[i]I learned that mosquito fish court to have babies

Showing 376-390 of 2124