Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:03pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

I also learned that the government will force us to have a president that he majority of voters voted against. Hooray for stupidity!

You made the same mistaken Trump made. Obama actually captured a majority of the popular vote. But I agree that the electoral college system is stupid.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:37pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit, isn't that just amazing?

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 6:18pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,248 posts

Knight

Today I learned how to fight with a Scythe. Don't mess..... with a farmer people! All I can say. =)

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 7:20pm

PurpleSquishy

PurpleSquishy

147 posts

The United States will continue to implode.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 9:51pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I had one box of orange Nerds left today. I decided I'd dump the entire contents in my mouth at once. Now, I already knew Nerds had a bit of a bite to them when eaten a few at a time, but I learned today just how intense an entire box of those things can be when you put it all in your mouth at the same time. Needless to say, I haven't experienced a flavor explosion of that magnitude in quite some time.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 10:07pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

Astounding isn't it?

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 10:27pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

I learned that, in certain nations, an operating room is sometimes called an "operating theater"... and that it's also common for there to be a general practitioner in small villages in England!

Can anyone tell what I've been watching?

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 11:04pm

fireangle

fireangle

133 posts

I learned from my friend in school that the Grinch, in the movie with actors, is often seen nacked in front of children. Also I am apperently now rich from B-day money a month later.

Isn't that wonderful?

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 11:20pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

I wouldn't call it tough, just tedious. I can say it just fine without a single slip of the tongue, but all those consonant sounds running together take a long time to pronounce as far as pronunciation goes, so it's really only difficult physically and not mentally like most tongue twisters are.

Can anyone tell what I've been watching?

I didn't know there were other Doc Martin fans in the community. Welcome to Portwenn.

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 7:15am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,276 posts

I knew this before...but want to share it..

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.

That is a legitimate sentence

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!