ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682531
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

It doesn't have spellckeck either...

Probably because you spelled it wrong.

Also, spell check is two words.

-----

Today I learned where my classes are located exactly.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned how to get to the grocery store from the auto repair shop in 5 minutes. Useful knowledge if I ever need to pick up groceries after getting my car fixed again.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I really doubt that the Taliban would promote Jesus... unless that's their cover so they can infiltrate Western society!

You don't have to take my comment literally, I was using the Taliban has an example of narrow-mindedness.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned that all of my classes are going to be hard as hell. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have signed up for Calc IV but whatever.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I learned that all of my classes are going to be hard as hell. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have signed up for Calc IV but whatever.

Boy! This isn't "What did you learn the hard way"! Get to the correct thread!

-----

Today I learned the number of another one of the asian girls.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that Windows 8 is terribly inefficient compared to Windows 7. Why would a laptop even run the same operating system as a phone?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

That you can't place stairs upside down in the XBox minecraft.

Also that Ghengis Grill is my new favorite restaurant.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Boy! This isn't "What did you learn the hard way"! Get to the correct thread!

But I learned what I learned on that day. D:
MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

I learned that after three years, there is still no enDice Complete players pack. While we're on the subject of this game, I learned that attempting to play in on this website results in a blank screen, and therefore it must be played on a different website, such as Kongregate.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

While we're on the subject of this game, I learned that attempting to play in on this website results in a blank screen

If you're talking about enDice Complete, it works fine for me.
MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

It's working just fine for me now. I don't know what the problem was earlier.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Learned the number of another cute girl. College is fun.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

dont fully trust your friends.. not even when your friends for more then 10 year.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that selling fish might result in a YouTube video with over 2 million views.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It's not really something I learned, It's more a question.
What is it that makes spending 2 years on the Internet feels like 10?
I've had my first computer in 1997, built my first PC in 1998 and I've been connected to the Internet since late 1997 but it feels like I spent most of my life connected. Why is that?
Is it the fact that we're exposed to fast paced technological advance everyday that the rest seems to stand still?

Showing 601-615 of 2124