ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 4:00pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,612 posts

Knight

I learned that bras do not fit me well.

I meant to say boots but apparently I was thinking of something else.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 9:13pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,338 posts

Learned about Jennifer Livingston getting a mean viewer e-mail for being too obese. :P

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 5:58pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

6,269 posts

Today I learned that this thread exsisted..I also learned half the references my friend made last year by watching Monty Python finally, and that my math teacher used to have to design missiles or guns or seaworthy turrets that only focus on one spot, and that 'jujufruit' tastes like plastic. Also what nondisjunction was (i forgot just now though), and how to use the pen tool on adobe illustrator.
And that's alll the interesting stuff.....:P

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 5:32am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

I learned that, when the Tavern is as starved for activity as it is now, a thread can lie dormant for nearly three months and still remain in the 10 most recent pages of the off-topic sub-section of the very forums we know and love.

People said that this forum was desolate and inactive a year ago, but if those same people could see where the Tavern is now, they'd be on their knees praying that early 2012 would never end.

What has happened to this place?

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 8:34am

firedog12

firedog12

248 posts

Today I learned Hall of Fame boxer Sugar Ray Robinson backed out of a fight because he had a dream that he was going to kill his opponent in the ring. After a priest and minister convinced Robinson to fight, Robinson went into the ring and killed his opponent, Jimmy Doyle.
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/8679/8cjzjjemf1wtygf.jpg

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 8:38am

firedog12

firedog12

248 posts

Here's a bigger version of the picture, and here's the link to the page of Jimmy Doyle in Wikipedia.
http://imageshack.us/a/img259/5058/ssugar.jpg

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Doyle_(boxer)]

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 1:16pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

What has happened to this place?

You and Skeleton_Pilot left. That is where the problems started. Eventually..it slowly started to die (jumped in activity for a couple weeks, actually).

I tried my best to keep it active..but one man can only do so much (there was a time where my name was in most of the Last Post for a while

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 4:46pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

I learned that people take RPGs way too seriously here. As in, the ones in the Forum Games, not the actual flash ones.

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 6:24pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

I learned that people take RPGs way too seriously here. As in, the ones in the Forum Games, not the actual flash ones.

You should see xerox in a gaming tournament...

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 7:33pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

I learned what a lot of the more recent admins look like in real life. More recent meaning the ones who have entered the picture (no pun intended) since Strop posted that image of his trip to the AG office.

You and Skeleton_Pilot left. That is where the problems started.

That guy needs to get stop not existing and get back here so the Tavern isn't just some third-world country that everyone wants to leave. He made this place so much more interesting with his enthusiasm and his unconventionally conventional humor.

I wonder what he's up to these days.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!