Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 1:58pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,042 posts

Knight

I've been trying Ernie. I'm working a plan that may bring life back into the community.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 10:08pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

Killersup learnt that the power of middle school is un-forgiven.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 10:12pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,859 posts

Knight

I learned that you can't have 4 guys with a basketball each, throw at the net at the same time. Its a mess, basketballs bouncing everywhere.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 12:15am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,468 posts

I learned what voting is like in the real world. I voted in my first actual election today.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 5:42am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

I learned what voting is like in the real world. I voted in my first actual election today.

You're supposed to wait until the guy you voted for loses the election and then you kick the nearest crate and yell darn this democracy sucks! :P

TIL riding a horse for real is very different from riding a horse who walks the same trail three hundred times a year for several years. Suddenly technique really matters.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 6:14am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,905 posts

Today... well, it was yesterday, but I guess it doesn't matter.
I learned that having a degree in Chemistry doesn't necessarily mean you know something about Chemistry. Dedicated to my lovely boss who almost used anhydride acetic instead of anhydrous acetic acid to do a test.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 7:46pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,468 posts

You're supposed to wait until the guy you voted for loses the election and then you kick the nearest crate and yell darn this democracy sucks! :P

I'll be sure to do that the next time I vote for an actual person. This election was only held to "elect" a new proposition for the city I live in. I doubt that anyone will get worked up enough if the proposition passes and they have to pay higher taxes to kick a crate, but I guess there are some things I've yet to see rich people do.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 8:11pm

GhostOfMetal

GhostOfMetal

719 posts

Today (while pared with an event about a month ago) I learned that my school district will be hasty to cancel after school / outside org. activities for the smallest reasons but not even care if their's 2 feet of snow and black ice infested roads to cancel school -.- (I live in Delaware by the way)

I also learned that Driving with my mom at night while it's raining has a 100% guarantee of coming out with a head ache after all the yelling (she's afraid of everything while on the road)

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 8:38pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Dedicated to my lovely boss who almost used anhydride acetic instead of anhydrous acetic acid to do a test.

What would the equation have read if that had happened? Organic chem was a long time ago for me...

TIL that the New England Journal of Medicine publishes many of their full articles for free, thus I now have a large stack of paper to "read" tomorrow, at "study group".

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 8:39pm

daleks

daleks

3,718 posts

That when I think I do really well in Physics I still do just pretty bad. Studied so much for it too.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!