Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 4:42am

goumas13

goumas13

4,486 posts

I learned that economic development is not the same as economic growth.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 5:25am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,993 posts

I learned about many unusual food flavors from reading through the entire bizarre food thread. What I really can't believe is how many of them I already knew about.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 4:19pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

I learned what armadillo eggs are, and no, they are not actual armadillo eggs. They are sausages stuffed with jalapenos stuffed with cheese.

Doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 8:26pm

aknerd

aknerd

1,275 posts

I learned that we would have to sterilize almost 90% of female elephants in Kruger national park in order to maintain a stable population of around 7,000 individuals. Oh, the joys of excel.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 10:21pm

winmaster1

winmaster1

637 posts

I learned that dreams can tell you what you need to do once you fall back into reality (based on what kind of dream you have).

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 11:21pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,545 posts

Knight

I learned that dreams can tell you what you need to do once you fall back into reality (based on what kind of dream you have).

So if I have a dream about eating pie, does that mean I need to have a piece of pie?

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 11:50pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

So if I have a dream about eating pie, does that mean I need to have a piece of pie?

More accurate explanation..

Dreams explore aspects of your life..sometimes trivial things..sometimes complexities that your mind is trying to solve. A common way your mind does so is by adding it into your dream and abstracting it in some way

Example: Being chased by someone or something that you feel threatened by and can't escape could be your dream/mind exploring the feelings of a closing due date for an essay at school

Posted Mar 11, '13 at 1:54am

Phluphyphill

Phluphyphill

28 posts

I learned (the hard way) you should always ask, when buying a car, if the person you're buying it from has the title. At least before you sign bill of sale and hand over the money.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 4:10am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,993 posts

I learned how painful certain sore throats can be. I've had some pretty awful ones in my day, but this is by far the worst so far. *knock on wood* I would not wish this agony upon my greatest foes.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 8:30am

aknerd

aknerd

1,275 posts

I learned (the hard way) you should always ask, when buying a car, if the person you're buying it from has the title. At least before you sign bill of sale and hand over the money.

Yup. I've had a similar experience myself (luckily I didn't end up buying it). You would think that at some point during negotiations the seller might mention that he doesn't actually have a title for the car...

Well, Today (err... yesterday) I learned that bats are able to delay fertilization until the wish to become pregnant.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!