ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682535
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that people can come back from the dead. Skeleton_Pilot and Ernie15 being perfect examples.

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Nemo was demodded because he requested to be demodded. He will be greatly missed as a moderator by our whole moderation team, you can even see that Dan wished him off at his profile.

Oh, and today I learned we have 400 games that don't have tags. Yikes!

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Today I learned why my art teacher was absent.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Seeing Dan leave the comment on Nemo's profile surprised me. I guess he does more lurking than we think!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I learned that Ivanxxxxx will be a mod

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Ivanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx actually got beaten out by Skeleton_Pilot..duhhh

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I learned that ivanxxxxxxxxx still wins. Because he is a winner. And a mod.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that, even after nearly 3 years, my phone still charges at great speeds. When I woke up this morning at 12 PM, I put my phone on the charger and it was at 20%. I go to brush my teeth, and when I come back, it's at 70%. Is this normal or is my phone just extraordinary?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I learned that threads about people are a-ok now

Guys what happened to this?

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Just now I learned that this armatar exists. I will be using this one from now on instead of the pirate skull with the knife in its mouth.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

A great technique to relax. Although it released a lot of stress at first, all the remaining stress seemed to flow into my upper/middle back. Now my back is sore, and I feel more stressed than before. Guess it's back to bottling up my stress (Just kidding).

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that some Korean people have trouble differentiating between the "L" and the "R" sounds. I have a friend from South Korea who, up until recently, pronounced the word "learn" just like the word "run." I explained to him that the former began with the same sound that manifests itself in the word "lollipop," and he picked up on it right away.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I learned that some Korean people have trouble differentiating between the "L" and the "R" sounds.

actually, a good chunk of Asia has this. For the most part, if I remember correctly, the "R" and "L" are interchangeable.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that on this day, ninja history was made. From page 4178 to page 4187.

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

I learned the same thing R2 learned today. And (hoping this works) have a screenshot of the funniest page of ninjas. [URL=http://s817.photobucket.com/user/Gamerguy12345/media/fe023679-8a30-4843-853f-dd6ab07886e0_zps4ab92448.jpg.html][IMG]http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/Gamerguy12345/fe023679-8a30-4843-853f-dd6ab07886e0_zps4ab92448.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Showing 676-690 of 2124