ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682519
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Fuzio
Fuzio
63 posts
Nomad

I read the BBCode guide and now I can post images. I will post an image of the first thing I think of.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/111227022048-chocolate-candy-bar-story-top.jpg

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I learned that testicles aren't really in "ball form", but a sophisticated, dense amount of tubes that just happen to form circularly. Creepy and crude at the same time :|

Fuzio
Fuzio
63 posts
Nomad

Kingdom Rush Frontiers is out!!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I learned that what everything thinks of as the plural for octopus (octopi) is actually wrong. Because the word octopus is Greek, and the 'i' is for Latin words, the proper plural form is "octopodes".

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

My learning is more of an introspective realization...

Women find purpose attractive. Yet, when a man obtains a woman they inevitably lose said purpose (ex/ exercising) and do less or stop entirely, because they have another person in their life that cares about them, that will support them. However, here lies the problem. The male leans on his female, the female doesn't want that, it isn't attractive. What is attractive, to the female, is the fact that she can lean on her man for support, and that if she does or not, the male will still have a purpose and still build himself up whether she is in his life or not.

Simply, this expresses that the male is not dependent upon another person; something that is seen as a valuable trait, at least within western society because it shoes the ability to sustain and improve. I find it interesting, because women do the same thing. We all get comfortable with each other, and yet there is such a high divorce rate. I believe in part, aside from many many many reasons, it is because the male looses his initial attractiveness because he looses his values once he has a woman. And secondly, the woman grows tired of waiting for what she used to like to come back into their life together, so she finds it in another man.

END

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Interesting realization you've come to, Binary_Illusion... in conclusion, women are very complex beings! =D

I learned today that Brisk iced tea tastes a bit like raspberry Jello in liquid form... it's not bad, I'll give it that, but it doesn't taste a darn thing like iced tea!

Fuzio
Fuzio
63 posts
Nomad

Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush Frontiers are both rated 97 out of 100.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Frank showed me Mirai Nikki, which is pretty dang awesome.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that there is a new battle thread in the flash game vicinity.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Frank showed me Mirai Nikki, which is pretty dang awesome.

So slow on the uptake. :P

I learned today that you can make a quick and easy homemade coca cola slushie.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned today that Brisk iced tea tastes a bit like raspberry Jello in liquid form...

The raspberry flavor might. The lemon flavor tastes more like simple syrup with a hint of lemon.

I learned that, while shaving with a manual razor and shaving cream gives you far better results on your face than an electric razor does, it doesn't make much of a difference in appearance when you use it on the rest of your head. Except the small cuts here and there that you don't get from an electric razor.
metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

I learned that technology can be a giant troll sometimes. -_-

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

I learned that even people in the military can let themselves go... I don't understand where the loss of personal integrity goes though... :/

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that, while shaving with a manual razor and shaving cream gives you far better results on your face than an electric razor does, it doesn't make much of a difference in appearance when you use it on the rest of your head. Except the small cuts here and there that you don't get from an electric razor.

I agree but I prefer using an electric razor (round grids in a triangular setting).
When lubricated regularly, it does a good job.
I don't miss the annoying cuts and the outrageously expensive blades.
Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

I don't miss the annoying cuts and the outrageously expensive blades.

You kidding me?? The blades that I buy (Feather) are about 4 USD for 10 of them, and they'll last me 6 months or more. We are talking about safety razors, right?
Showing 721-735 of 2124