Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 12:33am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,340 posts

I learned how little I care when my family leaves the house for 6 hours without telling me where they're going. Also, how much the bottom of my hand hurts from using the mouse and the keyboard all day.

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 12:38am

SSTG

SSTG

11,616 posts

Knight

I learned that the criminals in Congress get free healthcare for life while they whine about Obama trying to provide for those who can't afford it.

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 9:06am

roydotor2000

roydotor2000

255 posts

I learned that everything is been planned since the dawn of space and time.

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 9:39am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

TIL that the emergency department likes to make all their referrals to the medical registrar approximately half an hour before the registrar is due to end his shift. Why? They have a strange aversion to speaking directly to the consultant, despite the fact my consultant is a lot easier to refer to than I am. Just because I'm nice doesn't mean I'm not going to ask you a million questions and then possibly decline your referral... my consultant just lets everything through xD

>

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 7:29pm

Sonatavarius

Sonatavarius

1,375 posts

I learned how to do a general abdomen exam and how to palpate for the spleen and liver!

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 10:59pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,340 posts

Today I learned that there's a federal subject of Russia called the Republic of Dagestan. I had to look it up to see if it was a new separate country, but it turned out not to be, which is probably why I've never heard of it.

I learned that everything is been planned since the dawn of space and time.

Oh? Where did you acquire such a controversial bit of knowledge?

Posted Apr 9, '13 at 6:40pm

roydotor2000

roydotor2000

255 posts

Oh? Where did you acquire such a controversial bit of knowledge?[quote]

It's been here since my birth!

Posted Apr 9, '13 at 9:33pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,340 posts

Today I learned how hot hot mustard really is. I ordered a sandwich that came with honey mustard, but they accidentally put hot mustard on it. I could literally feel the burn all throughout my face.

I still ate the whole sandwich.

It's been here since my birth!

What makes you think everything has been planned since the dawn of time?

Posted Apr 9, '13 at 9:47pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

6,539 posts

Today I learned that when my toenails grow out sharp, i should cut the sharp bits off before I smash my foot into someone and get blood on my toenails. I also learned that if I fall asleep on the bus near the sixth graders, they will attempt to draw on my face.

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 5:20am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Today I learnt that thalidomide can be used to treat multiple myeloma... but it comes with cumulative dose-related toxic neuropathy. Thus the old dude on my ward who can no longer walk properly, though arguably he has at least 2 other problems that could have done that all by themselves and I now have to figure out which one is more responsible for what...

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!