Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 1:29am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

I learned that The Tavern and other sections of the community don't have too many new threads popping up all that often. If I were more creative I would start a few myself, but you know, I'm not, so that probably won't be happening.

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 3:55pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,248 posts

Knight

Today I learned there is a type of "Hankie Code" for men who wear earrings. According to the information I have found, if a man wears a ring on his right ear he is a homosexual and if he wears one on his left ear he is straight. I believe the term for this case is "Left is Right and Right is Wrong".

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/designs/11775432,width=178,height=178/Social-Conventions-Are-Stupid---The-Big-Bang-Theory-%7C-Robot-Plunger.png

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 3:59pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,204 posts

Today I learned...

Just because your playing dodgeball, it doesn't mean that your face is the team's meat shield.

That mating calls actually work but work in the wrong way.

And that pi will be with circles no matter what.

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 4:33pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

And that pi will be with circles no matter what.

And phi will be with you (and us), no matter what

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 10:56pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,867 posts

I learned that eating excessive amounts of chocolate also makes my allergies go away.
I could sell this stuff as a cure, couldn't I. XD

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 4:12am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

Today I learned that I can leave this laptop that has been charging all day with the charger cord in it in the hotel room, and my sister can still find a way to drain all the battery in under two hours.

I can't figure out why she would have unplugged the charger cord unless she had moved it somewhere else and put it in the exact same place when the battery was gone, but that just seems like an odd thing to do.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 1:34pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 2:59pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I learned that converting your laptop into an oscillator isn't a good idea. It took 3 days to restore everything.

Oh well, it was still a fun project. :P

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 4:03pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,882 posts

Knight

I learned that ( hot babe) Olga Kurylenko speaks french. :)

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 5:42pm

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

192 posts

I learned that what I would normally call a  "pepper" New Zealanders call "Capsicum".

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!