ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682934
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I learned their is a conspiracy against pang to make him think there has been an influx of mods everytime he hops on AG

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that selfies are the worst thing to do. You lose your pride, love, and soul.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I learned I should make lists for the things I want to do, because I've forgotten to do the half of them...

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I learned I should make lists for the things I want to do

I learned long ago what's handy about to-do lists is you can cross of all that's not really absolutely necessary, until you end up with zero ;-P
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Appparently Verizon are stupid jerks as well *pout*

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Appparently Verizon are stupid jerks as well *pout*

Verizon Wireless has fallen in quality over the years. It's a shame.

Today I learned that you have Jalapenos in a sandwich. And it can taste good, too.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned today, within the past half hour in fact, that there's an underwater hotel that has been proposed for construction in Dubai.

And yet, it won't even be the first hotel in Dubai with underwater suites.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Learned some interesting things about Elder Scrolls VI: Adessa.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I learnt that you really shouldn't have 3 espressos and a Monster before you go into an exam. What a silly idea it was I could barely write.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that this Cowboy Kid is on the homepage of AG.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I've been wondering where the Red Bull shots have gone...I personally don't like the Red Bull taste. I know there is/going to be a ban on Monster in the US and other european countries as it is supposedly the worst out of energy drinks excluding energy shots, this is only due to the size of the can of 500ml which is double the average Red Bull can but with the same 32mg of caffeine per 100ml. If Monster is banned in the UK I will be deeply saddened.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Don't lift heavy things the day after getting a flu shot. Oh sweet baby Jesus I'm weak.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that I'm in the spelling bee which is happening tomorrow.

Kinda wish the teacher had told me yesterday because he basically dropped a bomb on me and I was worried for 2 hours.

Actually I'm still worried but not as much.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I learned that I'm in the spelling bee which is happening tomorrow.

What age does America do "Spelling Bee" up to? Over here I only did it in primary school, or &quotre-school" for you lot.
Showing 856-870 of 2124