Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Aug 16, '13 at 3:31pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

I learned that google chrome's spellchecker doesn't even have the word "google" or "trebuchet"

It doesn't have spellckeck either...

Posted Aug 16, '13 at 5:25pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,715 posts

It doesn't have spellckeck either...

Probably because you spelled it wrong.

Also, spell check is two words.

-----

Today I learned where my classes are located exactly.

Posted Aug 16, '13 at 8:49pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

I learned how to get to the grocery store from the auto repair shop in 5 minutes.  Useful knowledge if I ever need to pick up groceries after getting my car fixed again.

Posted Aug 16, '13 at 9:35pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,132 posts

Knight

I really doubt that the Taliban would promote Jesus... unless that's their cover so they can infiltrate Western society!

You don't have to take my comment literally, I was using the Taliban has an example of narrow-mindedness.

Posted Aug 16, '13 at 10:06pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I learned that all of my classes are going to be hard as hell. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have signed up for Calc IV but whatever.

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 4:42pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,715 posts

I learned that all of my classes are going to be hard as hell. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have signed up for Calc IV but whatever.

Boy! This isn't "What did you learn the hard way"! Get to the correct thread!

-----

Today I learned the number of another one of the asian girls.

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 4:50pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

I learned that Windows 8 is terribly inefficient compared to Windows 7. Why would a laptop even run the same operating system as a phone?

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 5:25pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

That you can't place stairs upside down in the XBox minecraft.

Also that Ghengis Grill is my new favorite restaurant.

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 6:21pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Boy! This isn't "What did you learn the hard way"! Get to the correct thread!

But I learned what I learned on that day. D:

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 6:38pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I learned that Windows 8 is terribly inefficient compared to Windows 7. Why would a laptop even run the same operating system as a phone?

That's actually kind of funny that you mention that, because even though Windows has been trying to claim that they're unifying their OS's, phones and computers still run on different Windows kernels (though it's getting closer).

So they're not even doing what they say they're doing, which would be considered inefficient by a bunch of people (which isn't exactly true, but whatevs).

On the other hand, the Linux kernel runs on everything from phones (Android is a Linux fork) to supercomputers, and runs extremely well considering.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!