ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682885
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

email accounts so our teachers can get furthur into our lives.

Now, now, what's with the paranoia Just because you're...
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned that floccinaucinihilipilification is act or habit of regarding something as unimportant.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that my school now give every student school email accounts so our teachers can get furthur into our lives.

Today I learned that IceClaw can not spell further yet he is bashing his school...hmmmm.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned Xeano has a name. http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/288/d/6/poker_face_2_by_rober_raik-d4cxlfn.png

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I also learned I'm bad at this links thing. http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/288/d/6/poker_face_2_by_rober_raik-d4cxlfn.png

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

TIL how to see if someone's a big liar.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Learned that the guy that former Vice President **** Cheney shot later apologized for getting shot.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Learned that I apparently "seem like I know what I'm doing" in regards to deadlifting.

I think I've made it.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that some guy who visited our school, who I thought was a pedo at first, read my story in Language and liked my word choice so far.

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

Today I learned that having peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth is a real phobia. Arachibutyrophobia.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that this thread has finally reached quadruple digits overnight.

Just a little over 1,000 more posts and we'll have the General Relationship Thread beat.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned the proper etiquette for a wanke when others are omnipresent. It's called wankettite.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that my bro dog Noel had a stroke.
He's been at the animal hospital for 2 days.
His vet said that he has a strong will to live and might recover 100%.
When I visited him yesterday he couldn't stand on his legs.
I brought him his 2 favorite toys (a puppet rabbit and a squeaky plush lady bug).
Today he was numb on the left side but he tried to walk normally, fell a couple times but he got right back up.
I'm going to get him tomorrow.
The girls at the hospital will miss him because they're crazy about him.
He's got that something that girls love. xD

Anyway, I hope we can run together again but if we can't I'm still standing by my bro dog.

He was there for me when I came back from the hospital so I'll be there for him too.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Hope your bro dog gets a speedy recovery, SSTG. I've had pets before, so I know how it feels like.

Today I learned that Xeano drives a truck.

HOBCOP
HOBCOP
35 posts
Nomad

I learned that you can do evreything right, but the one mistake you make is what youll be remembered for.

Showing 976-990 of 2124