Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Nov 4, '13 at 3:10am

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

192 posts

I learned that Americans can cancel Halloween trick or treating for a day with better weather. That definitely doesn't happen here.

Posted Nov 4, '13 at 5:35am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

TIL that some old dude is back
>=p

people have ridiculously high post counts

Whaat who could that be? =o

Posted Nov 4, '13 at 8:23pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

852 posts

Today I learned that it's Shakuntala Devi's 84th birthday. Anyone who has seen Google's homepage today would have caught that, though.

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 2:33am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,281 posts

Today I learned that it's Shakuntala Devi's 84th birthday.

Really? Google tells me it's now Raymond Loewy's birthday... I checked out his Wikipedia article and I learned a LOT about his designs... to name a few, the Greyhound Scenicruiser bus, Coca-Cola vending machines, Coldspot refrigerators, redesigned slenderized Coca-Cola bottles, and the logos from four different gas stations. And the list doesn't end there! But I'll leave it to you to click on his name there in blue and see just how many ways he's contributed to some of the things we see and use almost every day... =)

I had to ask, how different would our society be without this one guy? Whatever the answer may be, thanks Google for the history lesson of the day!

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 5:13am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,834 posts

Today I learned (well, in fact, it was yesterday) that trying to teach somebody who just doesn't want to learn is really, really frustrating and definitely a waste of my time. I know this isn't new, but I guess I had forgotten that it really gets on my nerves >:(

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 5:15am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

Seems I'm the first non-mod/admin to find out Nemo has been demodded =/

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 7:12pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,993 posts

I learned that, if you want to summon the entire community into one place, all you have to do is start a thread concerning who should be a moderator. I've never seen a thread jump so much with activity.

It's kind of sad how everything I learn now is from the internet. You'd think, being in college, I'd be learning more in the offline world than the online one, but the truth is, I can't tell you one thing I've learned today from going to class.

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 7:36pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,226 posts

Knight

Today I learned that people can come back from the dead. Skeleton_Pilot and Ernie15 being perfect examples.

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 7:39pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,338 posts

Administrator

Nemo was demodded because he requested to be demodded.  He will be greatly missed as a moderator by our whole moderation team, you can even see that Dan wished him off at his profile.

Oh, and today I learned we have 400 games that don't have tags.  Yikes!

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 10:04pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,799 posts

Today I learned why my art teacher was absent.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!