ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682855
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that StoryShift isn't even a game.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that my new puppy is a Pomeranian and Shih Tzu mix.
My GF named her Gigi because she likes to give our dogs French names.
She's a cutie but she's feisty. We're potty training her and keep her in a gated area. Somehow she got on top of her crate, jumped on the gate then jumped off and was running loose. Fortunately I caught her before she got in trouble. xD

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned not to put another jelly bean in my mouth while already attempting to swallow one. I almost gulped the second one down whole.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I learned that my new puppy

Hey, congrats, SSTG! May she help you get over the other one
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Hey, congrats, SSTG! May she help you get over the other one

Thanks, she's laying by me on the sofa right now. She's sleeping between me and her mother figure teddy bear the breeder gave us. xD
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that Polish names are freaking complicated. For example: Kalwaria Zebrzydowska. I don't even...

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that someone got to play pre-alpha Star Wars Battlefront 3 and that ENB makes/made Battlefront 2 mods.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned while going to my mail box that hawks hunt even close to the human population.
As I was coming back inside I saw a hawk holding a robin in its claws and taking off in a hurry right in my yard. :O

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that my school really wants us to study for I-STEP. That video they showed us was just... horrible.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

I learned that some people really get offended when suddenly you make a doge reference or joke and they don't get it.
http://i.imgur.com/7VhCE9F.jpg

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

That Franco's real name is Francisco Paulino Hermenegildo Teódulo Franco Bahamonde.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned I can not come online for a few days and suddenly everyone in the forums has a little dot next to their name.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I learned that Mardi Gras is boring if you can't go out to a parade drunk as a skunk.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Mardi Gras is boring if you can't go out to a parade drunk as a skunk.

I learned that today is Mardi Gras.

I also learned that username changes are now a thing. Just ask @Spartan (well, don't literally ask, since I just told you what you would be asking).

I learned that some people really get offended when suddenly you make a doge reference or joke and they don't get it.

I don't get it. How dare you! Well, I never! The very idea!
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I also learned that username changes are now a thing. Just ask @Spartan (well, don't literally ask, since I just told you what you would be asking).

And you've just learned that name changes break your MMO accounts. Because I just told you. >
Showing 1156-1170 of 2124