Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 10:38pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,315 posts

Knight

Today I learned how to make alcohol!!! =) It is easy as hell! Just water, sugar, and yeast! Now I have a fuel source for my rocket experiments. Thank God for the internet!!!!

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 11:43pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

Today I learned that "Murphy's Law" always applies...

I know what you mean. I was having a nice dinner with my associates, and I was trying to tell them a story about a really big fish I caught, when all of a sudden this very uncoordinated waiter comes out of nowhere and gets his tray in the way of one my hand gestures. Needless to say, that's the last time I go to the Netherlands for dinner.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 11:48pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I learned most English-speaking people pronounce "our" with 1 syllable, where as most Iowans pronounce it with 2 syllables. I guess that's another word to add to ow-er accent list.

We also say "zinc" instead of "sink," and "warsh" instead of "wash."

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 2:40am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,304 posts

Lol Ernie, that's nothing... I was trying to have dinner in some second-rate restaurant and all of a sudden a tray filled with drinks flies towards me and drenches my favorite t-shirt! I learned never to go back there again!

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 9:13am

ellock

ellock

379 posts

I learned that no matter how hard you drill something into someone, they can always find a way to disprove you.

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 5:11pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

647 posts

I learned you can't make your hair grow just by telling it to grow.

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 1:06am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,304 posts

I learned from reading through that thread on Slender Man who Slender Man is, though I still haven't learned why people are making such a big deal about him these days! =P

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 6:05am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,076 posts

I know what you mean. I was having a nice dinner with my associates, and I was trying to tell them a story about a really big fish I caught, when all of a sudden this very uncoordinated waiter comes out of nowhere and gets his tray in the way of one my hand gestures. Needless to say, that's the last time I go to the Netherlands for dinner.

Wait... so that was you playing the annoying "Mr. I'm a customer and a customer's always right, so when a customer feels like knocking over a tray, a customer is allowed to do that whenever the customer sees fit!" -customer?! (o.O)
Had I known that, I would have accidentally dropped a live shrimp down your shirt... "oohh sir... I'm SO sorry that happened! Please forgive me!" *grin*

Lol Ernie, that's nothing... I was trying to have dinner in some second-rate restaurant and all of a sudden a tray filled with drinks flies towards me and drenches my favorite t-shirt! I learned never to go back there again!

Thanx guys... =P

I learned from reading through that thread on Slender Man who Slender Man is, though I still haven't learned why people are making such a big deal about him these days! =P

Maybe that's because everyone is 'well sized' nowadays and he is... yah... exactly! =)

What I learned today?

I wrote something in big caps allover my fridge's door as I missed yet another appointment this morning, it says... "CHECK YOUR CALENDAR!!!" ...so people, always check your calendar up to the point where it becomes a neurotic twitch to have the need to look in it every other minute. =)

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 1:55pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,347 posts

Knight

I learned that I hate the Red Bull team in F1, no, wait, I hated it before that!

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 3:46pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,315 posts

Knight

I learned that I hate Red Bull. It tastes awful and it doesn't give me energy, it is poison water!!!!

I learned that I hate the Red Bull team in F1, no, wait, I hated it before that!

Huh, I learned 2 new things today. I learned that I don't like the Red Bull F1 team either.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!