ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682888
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned there are actually 11 battle threads. Characters, Armatars, Beasts, Locations, Brands, Games, Bands, Epicness, Foods, People, and Battles.

Unfortunately I could still think of a few more battles that could be done like Songs, movies, video games, books... that's pretty much all I could think of.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that there is a battle of the characters and that my Battle of the Brands isn't second, but third... I had no idea that existed lol.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that my numpad doesn't seem to work on my computer. It's weird.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

That I have to stop staying up so darn late.

I learned that my numpad doesn't seem to work on my computer. It's weird.

On my computer you have to make sure numlock is on. It's kind of weird.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that you can sort your friends list by date added, alphabetically, and the old standard, date they created their account. It appears that the way you sort your friends is only visible to you while you're sorting them, as it doesn't appear to change on your regular page, so as far as I can tell, this feature is more of a personal tool than it is a customization feature.

I learned there are actually 11 battle threads. Characters, Armatars, Beasts, Locations, Brands, Games, Bands, Epicness, Foods, People, and Battles.

I will be releasing one more within the next few months. Be very afraid.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned how to play backgammon. That was alot more fun than I thought it would be.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Sorry for the double post.

Make that 12 threads, introducing Super
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

On my computer you have to make sure numlock is on. It's kind of weird.

It is on. It doesn't work though.
amalager
amalager
27 posts
Nomad

Learned that even if I woke up 30 minutes earlier than usual, I still leave home for work at 7am.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that my computer lags a ton when I go to iHeart Radio...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I learned that mother nature is all shook up... today, exactly a year ago, everything was covered with a thick layer of snow and it was freezing. But today, it is sunny, no clouds and a nice temperature of 21 degrees Celcius?! Weird... (oO)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Learned to play Dawn by Gojira on bass

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that after 2 days in the high 70 degrees, we're expecting snow tomorrow. :O

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Just to add to this madness, it's now 80 degree F!

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that it's not as hard as you'd think for some people to confuse a koala with a baboon.

Showing 1186-1200 of 2124