ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682532
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I learned I can eat an entire peach pie in one day.

I learned that I still have no idea what to post even after lurking in the community for hours.

Keep posting in the tavern!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that a new battle has been posted in Battle of the Bands. I'm back, in black of course, to tell you that the battle is between Aerosmith vs. AC/DC. Walk this way and vote for your favorite of the two!

I also learned that I have a Civil War general as a follower, as well as Batman in his true identity.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

I learned that there is some video game called Octodad, and there's a thread right outside in the tavern that, despite its name, has nothing to do with it.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that Bubba Watson won the Masters Tournament, and his real name is Gerry Lester Watson, Jr.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Safeway had 3,400 stores across the US and Canada in 1932, which is incredible compared to today's store count of 1,335 in the US.

Of course, that doesn't take the subsidiary chains such as Vons and Randalls into consideration, but they still don't come close to how many stores existed 8 decades ago.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that it apparently snowed today, what with all the snow on the ground.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I learned that I missed out on a lunar eclipse last night.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Today I learned that by using a previously made piece of art and slightly modifying it, then combining it with another modified piece of art, can create a completely new outcome! Bad-dumm tching! Niiicceee!! =D

Akatsuki_Kojou
Akatsuki_Kojou
199 posts
Viceroy

Today, I learned or rather confirmed that most of the users in the daily hero board tend to be newcomers. Guess, it gets difficult to do a lot of quests in a single day after you finish the easier ones.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that @MacII has not been online in 2 weeks.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I learned that german soldiers in the revolutionary war who fought for the british were called hessians.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I learned that mother rabbits tend to smother their newborn bunnies to stop the male from eating them, which may or may not kill them.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/014/033/knowing.jpg

I learned that german soldiers in the revolutionary war who fought for the british were called hessians.

Further information: They were called hessians because most of these German mercenaries came from Hesse-Cassel (On a map), a german semi-independent state of the period. 22,000 soldiers were leased to King George III of England, which were predominantly used to suppress the rebellion in the colonies.
Onforman
Onforman
1 posts
Nomad

And i learned that potatoes can be relevant to grey deers

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned what mono actually is.

Akatsuki_Kojou
Akatsuki_Kojou
199 posts
Viceroy

I learned that there are new quests now.

Showing 1306-1320 of 2124