Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 2:16am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

That is exactly what I said.

I'm not so sure; its half-life decaying sounds a little awkward. i think it reaches its half-life, rather.

Whatever, there was a wink there, wasn't there. With radio-active substances, it takes stupid long, yes, way exceeding any containment measures we can think of.

Today I learned that my turtle's water smells very similar to sewage.

Hmmm. There is the option of refreshing the water more often.

Sort of preemptively stopping it from reaching its half-life, so to speak ;)

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 3:41pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

TIL drum sets are really expensive. Checked one out today because I was curious and I thought one of them sounded cool. Store manager asked me how much I thought it was, I said $200 and he said it was actually $750. ._.

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 9:39pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,237 posts

Knight

TIL drum sets are really expensive. Checked one out today because I was curious and I thought one of them sounded cool. Store manager asked me how much I thought it was, I said $200 and he said it was actually $750. ._.

Yup. That's about the same amount I'm going to pay for my drum set. Don't look so surprised.

Today I learned the "What did you learn today?" thread is now pinned. Huh.

I also learned that up until recently I had not updated my operating system in almost 4 months.

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 10:19pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

I said $200

We're you just looking to buy the kick drum?

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 10:26pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,546 posts

Knight

I learned that Colin Kaepernick is adopted. Also, the 49ers, whom I'm only a fan of when they make it to the championships, are not going to make an appearance in this year's Superbowl.

Today I learned the "What did you learn today?" thread is now pinned.

I learned the same thing on December 22.

We're you

You guys are him?

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 10:29pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

Today I learned the evil of autocorrect

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 10:43pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

I learned that Colin Kaepernick is adopted. Also, the 49ers, whom I'm only a fan of when they make it to the championships, are not going to make an appearance in this year's Superbowl.

Whoa really? And I learned that too today and I'm really sad... :(

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 10:51pm

daleks

daleks

3,185 posts

I learned that some people that say that they are 49ers fans didn't know that Kap was adopted. I have known that for over a year.

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 11:27pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

Today Killersup learnt that churches don't agree with his way of life.

Posted Jan 20, '14 at 6:58am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

nb

I've a weekend ahead of learning all about humus (soil)

(And yes, to my pleasure I learned that my attention span is somewhat in working order still ;) ), the (Dutch) speaker is involved with a translation of, and so inspired by among many others no doubt, Jeff Lowenfels & Wayne Lewis' Teaming With Microbes and Teaming With Nutrients, for anyone interested.

It was a weekend much to my interested satisfaction, in any event :)

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!