ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682511
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that Mankar Camoran (TES Oblivion) and The Prophet of Truth (Halo 3) are voiced by the same person.

~Manly

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

Today i learned that count to 100 is useless.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I learned that UKIP have won the European elections in the UK.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that Gantic made a mistake in the Tavern sticky.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that participation for the weekly castle contest, which I won't bother linking to because you know which one I'm talking about, seems to be going downhill for the moment.

Today I learned I need more posts.

What do you need posts for? It isn't as if AG gives you $1 for each one you make.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It isn't as if AG gives you $1 for each one you make.

Wait... you mean you didn't know? Oh well this is akward.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Today i learned that some people worship food:

http://blogs.southshorenow.ca/vegan/files/2008/04/praise-seitan2-720949.gif

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that Amazon Cloud Servers suck right now.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I learned that Silvia Plath was truly depressed and wrote a lot on the subject of death.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Today i learned that some people worship food:

There are some people in San Francisco that you won't believe. Food is practically a second language there for some people.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I learned that I shouldn't use a BB gun to trim my fingernails.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that I'm a heat healer. I need to research further into this because what this woman says is exactly what I do and feel.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1381272/How-I-Ive-got-healing-hands--scoff-like-too.html

I mentioned this in another thread a while ago,. I don't remember which one it was though. Anyway there was this old lady that my wife knew.
She had swollen legs because she couldn't walk because of her serious breathing issues.
One day we were at her house and I wrapped my hand around her ankle and kept it there for 10 minutes. When I removed my hand, the swelling was gone.
When my dog Noel was alive, he had some stomach troubles and I would put my hand on his stomach for a while and he felt better. He would lay on his back, look at me then started relaxing.

I have very hot hands and sometimes I'm so hot that I'm miserable.
Maybe If I learn how to channel this heat, I could use it for a good purpose.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that the 8th grade graduation blew. The only fun part was me and my friends making fun of people and making noises.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that I shouldn't use a BB gun to trim my fingernails.

*facedesk*

I learned that Bootcamp by Jay Hardway makes me want to explode because it's so amazing.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that my mouse has a back button on it where my thumb goes. I've known this since the day I bought it, but I had apparently forgot that it was there, as my thumb accidentally triggered the button in the middle of a long and successful Gemcraft Labyrinth stage.

So what did I really learn? I have to keep my thumbs away from that button at all costs.

Showing 1396-1410 of 2124