Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Jan 21, '14 at 8:13pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,170 posts

I learned that Dapro is going to help me recreate the AG love circle.

Posted Jan 21, '14 at 10:22pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

I learned today that by just hanging out with just 1 good friend and taking a jog can make your day a whole lot better.

Posted Jan 21, '14 at 11:37pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,549 posts

Knight

I learned that Night at the Museum was written by Lt. James Garcia and Deputy Travis Junior.

(Or rather the actors who played them)

Also, this thread has received 148 posts, including this one, in the one month it's been stickied.

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 4:08am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

xXxDAPRO89xXx wrote:

Today I learned how amazing the violin sounds in a metal song.

I won't need to tell you about Apocalyptica, do I? Four (head-banging) cellists, of course, at the time. Seeing them some years ago btw was one of the few instances for quite some time where I felt a (pop/rock) concert was more than just consumerist entertainment. Amazing. Place was packed to the brim & beyond, too, and a-rocking.

themastaplaya wrote:

Today I learned that it is exceptionally difficult to get people to laugh at my gay jokes

Hmmm. There is of course the possibility that they're just not funny.

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 4:12am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

Ernie15 wrote:

I learned that Night at the Museum was written by Lt. James Garcia and Deputy Travis Junior.

Which Night at the M. would that be? (Trying to decipher some deeper meaning here.)

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 4:28am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

MacII wrote:

And, that apparently they've been eavesdropping on our medical data for advertizing purposes: Canada says Google broke law by snooping health info to serve ads.

Someone really should've caught out my hasty & sloppy phrasing there: Going by that article of course, apparently what Google's been up to and Canada doesn't like, is putting our medical searches to use for the sake of advertizers. What arguably and apparently they haven't done, is passing on any user's personal and sensitive medical data.

Just for the record :)

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 3:42pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,549 posts

Knight

I learned that admins are gold kings, knights are iron knights, moderators wield blue shields, regular users have a grey outline around their armatars for whatever reason, and there isn't a wood serf to be found.

Lt. James Garcia

*Lt. Jim Dangle. Glad nobody actually fact-checked that.

quote]Which Night at the M. would that be?

The one that's called "Night at the Museum" and doesn't contain "Battle of the Smithsonian" at the end.

Although, Lt. Dangle did write the sequel as well, based on characters created by Deputy Junior.

(Lt. Dangle's and Deputy Junior's real-life names are Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant).

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 3:57pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,549 posts

Knight

quote]Which Night at the M. would that be?

I also learned that my quote success rate is no longer at 100%. Where the end tag ended up I haven't the slightest.

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 11:54pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,244 posts

Knight

Today I learned that mining for Cryptocurrencies is hard. I'm so confused.

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 11:58pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Today I learned that Venice deserves nothing but hatred. In the same experience I learned that Venice didn't learn how to make airplanes until 1920, yet the Mayans already were sitting on stockpiles of nuclear ICBMs.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!