ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684605
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

Oh, so by "there aren't any mods" you mean they're all inactive.

That's a slight improvement over last year, when all except one or two of them were busy. :P

Nah. I prefer communism over anarchy.
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

I learned that only my right eye is sensitive to the sun. If the sun is in my eyes, instead of squinting both of them, I can just close the right one and leave the left one in the standard open position.

(squinting gives me a headache)

I'd believe staring in the sun is not good for your eye, even if it isn't sensitive, Ernie

Anyways, I learned that my new shoes are nailproof. Otherwise I would have a hole in my foot right now.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Has there ever been a more delicious rug in all of existence?

Yes... there was... *gulp* ...omnomnom! =P

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs25/i/2008/110/e/c/half_eaten_gummy_bear_by_ninjaskigirl.jpg

I left you the last one, well... half of it! *grin*

As for me... today I learned (call me a noob, thank you) that you can perform a website page search for a certain word by using 'Ctrl+F'! Something I never knew or learned in all those years of surfing! (O.o)

Thanx to the creator of this thread! Thanx Ernie! =)

(And now I ruined my nice count of 3333 Forum Posts...)
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned just now that you can make a bear rug out of gummy bears...

Oh my Lord.... where do they sell these? I need one!!! I need it! But... I wont use it as a "rug".... I'd just eat it and.... eat it some more. XD

I learned that there are millions upon millions of Apps in a App store. o.o I can't choose... O.O
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned just now that you can make a bear rug out of gummy bears...

You can also build a castle out of Starburst pieces.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2012/5/11/9a59d1d6-fcff-4383-8b2f-aa9b309a296b_thumb.jpg

Thanx to the creator of this thread! Thanx Ernie! =)

http://www.petsfunky.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/funny-pictures-no-problem-dude-318ae2fade.jpg

Unfunny images aside, I learned that Christopher Lee holds the Guinness world record for most film roles by a single actor. I also didn't know that he's 90 years old and 6'5".
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that it is not wise to sniff everything.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

(And now I ruined my nice count of 3333 Forum Posts...)

But... it was so unnaturally beautiful!
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Well, that was an interesting experience! I posted a heart emoticon, but it picked it up as the beginning of an HTML tag so it deleted the rest of my message! So I guess I just learned not to post heart emoticons in the forums! =P

You can also build a castle out of Starburst pieces.

*munch munch munch munch munch...*

What were you saying about that empty counter top?
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Little to none, school doesn't really teach me much. More repetition and practice of one topic from a week ago. Although, at Robotics Club, I learned how to make an H-Bridge. After many errors and faulty equipment nonetheless.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Well, that was an interesting experience! I posted a heart emoticon, but it picked it up as the beginning of an HTML tag so it deleted the rest of my message! So I guess I just learned not to post heart emoticons in the forums! =P

Oh I know this one! & # 60 ; 3 (with no spaces) = <3

I learned that in 1938 Time magazine picked Adolf Hitler as the man of the year.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

<3

How did you do that??

I learned that in 1938 Time magazine picked Adolf Hitler as the man of the year.

Stalin was picked the next year, and AGAIN in 1942... probably because he had a manlier mustache!
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

How did you do that??

The same way you did it. Hooray, you learned something new! :P

Stalin was picked the next year, and AGAIN in 1942... probably because he had a manlier mustache!

Interesting....wonder how they felt about that after WW2 was all said and done...
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

I went to work with my dad today (

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I went to work with my dad today (

Did you learn anything while you were there?
kdorschutz
kdorschutz
2 posts
Nomad

I learned that my daughter is teething

Showing 136-150 of 2124