ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684089
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Wurzex
Wurzex
1 posts
Nomad

how to add a friend here

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Benjamin Franklin once called the citizens of Massachusetts 'weak noodles'.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The US constitution is 246 years out of date, according to Thomas Jefferson, who wanted it rewritten from scratch every 19 years.

darkzacattack
darkzacattack
7 posts
Peasant

I learned to always keep a Nerf gun nearby; you never know when a giant, furry, brown spider could crawl across the wall right behind your monitor and scare the [bleep] out of you, and force you to stand on your bed with a Nerf machine gun and wait for the spider to show itself...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

It's apparently possible to play a ruler as an instrument.

Oh, also, from the perspective of a person who plays piano, it's really hard to play in a quintet with strings because I'm not used to having other people play with me and it screws me up so badly everything I do sounds horrible.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that my gf really wants to kiss... =D

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

I now learned I am a very lonely person...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I mean I would hope so what would be the point then
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

I was rather shocked to find out that I can do a remarkable Grell Sutcliff impression. Still recovering from the shock of it...

~Manly

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I mean I would hope so what would be the point then

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT WOMYN ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AT YOUR BECK AND CALL THEY HAVE RIGHTS TOO OMG I'M SICK OF HETERO CIS SCUM LIKE YOU LIKE SERIOUSLY IT GETS ME SO ANGR

Edit: I learned how to ride a motorcycle.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that the reason why my friend didn't return my calls or answered the door was because he was dead. :O
He was a very unhappy person, I tried to cheer him up many times but he lost interest in life a long time ago. He drank beer all evening long every night until he fell asleep drunk.

Not long ago his mom went in a nursing home because she's terminal.
He was by himself for about a month.
I don't know if he committed suicide or died of a natural cause because his family didn't give details.

That's very sad that someone would give up on life and not try to hang on by doing little things that can keep you happy somehow.

I'm sad and disturbed by this. I hate death! When you die, you're gone forever and it sucks for the ones you leave behind.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@SSTG

Even though I never knew him (your friend), I give my sincere condolences and best of wishes to you, your family, and your friend's family.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Ah, that...sucks. My condolences. (And sorry about unsatisfactory response, I'm not good with sympathy)

I learned that they redesigned Parasyte's main character for the anime, and it looks terrible.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I wasn't expecting someone to cheer me up so don't worry guys.
I was only venting about death and how much it sucks.
I don't think we can ever get used to it.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that if I work on one track in Cubase for 7 straight hours, it can sound almost like real music.

Showing 1636-1650 of 2124