ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682878
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that I apparently needed the 4th edition of "Cases in Comparative Politics" for my government class, and I need it by Wednesday or I'll start failing. My piece of crap laptop is too old to run any of these free E-readers, and none of the downloads are legitimate, so one of you should buy me this and get it shipped to my house pretty soon. I'll pay you back somehow.

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that one of my professors recognizes me on sight now. It's good because I like him, bad because I was late for last week's lab and he knows....

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I learned about a new car called the Mercedes Benz Biome. Guys, we are living in the future!
http://www.time-tolose.com/uploads/posts/2012-04/1335643159_mercedes-benz-biome-concept-3.jpg

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned (thanks to my flag counter) that AG really is pretty dead now, and from looking at other peoples' the user traffic through profiles is very low nowadays.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that I'm in The Crew closed beta.

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that researchers have made a super duper black material called Ventablack and it looks like the void of space.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I learned., over the past 3 days, when i am old enough, i am moving to Washington DC when im old enough. That city is AWESOME!!

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned., over the past 3 days, when i am old enough, i am moving to Washington DC when im old enough.

I learned that omegap condones redundancy in both text and politics.

I also got "the textbook I needed", which isn't actually the textbook I need because the one that was sent was "ESSENTIALS in Comparative Government", not Cases, and all this information about political institutions in the UK that I desperately need is not present, and I've just wasted twenty bucks. So I'm having some form of a nervous breakdown right now since I have a major test on this stuff on Monday, and nobody in that class is willing to lend me a copy. Fun times.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I learned that omegap condones redundancy in both text and politics.

DC is an awesome city. Nothing bout politics or anything. Its a beautiful city and they have bike lanes! I havent seen those in a city before!

Omegap, you should've picked Chicago instead. Way better here.

They may have Rise Against, but the crime rate is too high. No, sorry.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that my friend's brother served me at Mcdonalds xD

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I havent seen those in a city before!

O_O is the only adequate response I can give to that.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that all the gift cards I have accumulated over the years paid off a few hundred dollars towards an Apple purchase. Woo.

What, all that money for an apple? Is it a Granny Smith, a Fuji, or is it a golden apple?

Pricey = 1
Apple = Tails

DICE RESULTS
1 = Pricey
COIN RESULTS
Apple
Tails
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

@GhostOfMatrix, @R2D21999, and @knight_34 all have more posts than I do. Where did I leave that chloroform...

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

That I could possibly be one of the older users with the least amount of posts still active on the forums? Seriously...whats with the need for having more posts? Thats what I want to know.

Also I learned of @Ferret second account where he posts all his @ferretgifs pictures @.@

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that Ernie seems to be back. His hibernation period is over.

Showing 1681-1695 of 2124