ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684095
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@icantfindavalidname maybe its a yoursided problem, i just tested it with IE... works fine

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that during long tests where they make you use #2 pencils, I begin to devour the wood of the pencil. Light yellow Ticonderoga pencils are the best for gnawing on. The paint doesn't flake into your mouth.

Don't do that, by the way.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I will not do that ( though I have not done it)!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that my Winamp skin as_fx21_evo doesn't work anymore!
Why oh why?!?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

It's very hard to stick a straw down a cat's throat. But the benefit of doing that is that you can blow into the straw and inflate the lungs if you've got the ribs away. Very exciting.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Did you really try that, Storm?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that organic food is not a scam, there's actually a difference.
I bought some organic bananas because the regular ones were already yellow.
To my surprise, they lasted an entire week instead of turning brown in 2 days like the cheap ones.

I also bought some carrots and I noticed a difference in the taste. They actually tasted slightly sweeter than the normal ones who always have a bitter aftertaste .

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I always eat only organic fruits and vegetables, except some times...

turasso
turasso
10 posts
Jester

I learned that cold beer is much better than warm .. again

http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/9Xnn/bg=ffffff/txt=ffffff/border=ffffff/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=0/labels=0/pageviews=0

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that someone who I hoped I never saw again, someone I haven't talked to since he was held back in 5th grade, is joining marching band next year. Even worse he's a trumpet which is my section.

I'm going to give him such a hard time.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

One of the students at the local catholic school set the toilets on fire. No real harm done, except to the people who were taking their As level exams at the time had to sit and wait for eight minutes until the alarm turned off before they were allowed to resume.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I learnt that NFC has so many applications.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that I got a pass+ in that three section test. It's great I passed but I want to know what the + means.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I learned my grandfather worked as a dairy manager for much of his working life. At his funeral. I never asked what he used to do. I kind of wish I had now.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I learned that knee injuries hurt like a ----------!

Showing 1906-1920 of 2124