ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2129 268985
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,407 posts
Herald

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,129 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,365 posts
Jester

I learned that two iconic voices in rock and roll have passed away recently... Ben E. King, original singer of "Stand By Me"... and Jack Ely, the lead singer of the Kingsmen, who were most famous for the tune "Louie Louie". Their contributions to music will not be forgotten!

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Farmer

I learned very important life rule:

Don't eat the whole chilly peper all at once.

akshobhya
akshobhya
4,921 posts
Justiciar

Did you do what you asked us not to do?

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Farmer

Did you do what you asked us not to do?

Hehe, not my finest hour.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,488 posts
Scribe

I learned that people still subscribe to my Youtube channel, but very few people actually comment on my uploads. I guess I attract more reclusive visitors, but I can't be picky if all I ever upload are in-game videos from early-2000s roller coaster simulators.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,865 posts
Viceroy

I learned what happens if you accidentally rub chili remnants into your eye after eating spicy food.

09philj
09philj
2,832 posts
Scribe

I learned what happens if you accidentally rub chili remnants into your eye after eating spicy food.

Ooh. Nasty.

I learned that Amazon has raised it's minimum spend to qualify for free delivery from £10 to £20.

icantfindavalidname
icantfindavalidname
17 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that armorgames wont let you post if you use internet explorer.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
12,186 posts
Viceroy

@icantfindavalidname maybe its a yoursided problem, i just tested it with IE... works fine

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,243 posts
Scribe

I learned that during long tests where they make you use #2 pencils, I begin to devour the wood of the pencil. Light yellow Ticonderoga pencils are the best for gnawing on. The paint doesn't flake into your mouth.

Don't do that, by the way.

akshobhya
akshobhya
4,921 posts
Justiciar

I will not do that ( though I have not done it)!

SSTG
SSTG
12,963 posts
Templar

I learned that my Winamp skin as_fx21_evo doesn't work anymore!
Why oh why?!?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,243 posts
Scribe

It's very hard to stick a straw down a cat's throat. But the benefit of doing that is that you can blow into the straw and inflate the lungs if you've got the ribs away. Very exciting.

akshobhya
akshobhya
4,921 posts
Justiciar

Did you really try that, Storm?

SSTG
SSTG
12,963 posts
Templar

I learned that organic food is not a scam, there's actually a difference.
I bought some organic bananas because the regular ones were already yellow.
To my surprise, they lasted an entire week instead of turning brown in 2 days like the cheap ones.

I also bought some carrots and I noticed a difference in the taste. They actually tasted slightly sweeter than the normal ones who always have a bitter aftertaste .

Showing 1921-1935 of 2129