ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684594
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

USA beat Germany 2-0 in the Women's Soccer World Cup.
It was a very exciting game!

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

I learned that British people really can't handle hot weather... it was 31C today and i was dying... whoo for summer

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

9/5(31)+32 = 87. Wow Lauren your tolerance is low

I learned that it takes 5 days to upgrade a computer and that a lot can happen in 5 days.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

9/5(31)+32 = 87. Wow Lauren your tolerance is low

Quite. Try dealing with 100+ degrees Fahrenheit (37+ degrees C) where I'm from.

Today I learned I'm not crazy when I say you can look at a guitar wrong and it will go out of tune.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

@ventralchaos, Armor Games admin and World Champion.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that this thread now has 2,000 replies. Voices carry.

I learned that a straw with a slit in it can make an awful whistling noise when you try to cover up the slit and drink at the same time. The same drink contained a small, sharp, plastic shard. Not going there again.

@ventralchaos, Armor Games admin and World Champion.

This guy has it made it both the cyber and the real world, and here I am, eating a donut at 3 in the morning.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

According to the children, if I were part of a sandwich, I would be cheese, if I were a restaurant, I 'd be McDonalds, and apparently I'm dating every male who I have pictures of on my tablet. It looks like it's time to move to Alaska.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Today I learned that apparently people can blame other people for the weather... if you have seats reserved at a concert and they are not in the shade, they get mad at the owner for not having blinded out the sun for them on that spot. Sure... mother nature did it on purpose as she thinks you're a little pale and need some tan? *rolls eyes and facepalms* Ugh...

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The rules for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar are one of the biggest messes I've seen in quite a long time.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I was looking at colorized photographs of the American Civil War, which I would recommend to everyone because they look much more lifelike than the old black and white versions, and one of them took me to an article from Time that claims the south did not secede over states' rights. An interesting read for anyone who has 5-10 minutes to spare!

awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

Today I learned that, no matter how hard you try to forget something, it always comes back and you remember it again.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I learnt something Secret about my ancestry.

Scarlet53
Scarlet53
167 posts
Shepherd

I learned how to make home made pizza!!

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I learned how we haven't run out of SSN numbers yet, despite the fact that we have many more people around than digits in a SSN number.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that when a Google search is done for "what did you learn today", this thread comes up as a result on the fifth page.

I prefer searching for "most bizarre food flavors", where my thread comes up as the sixth result on the first page and many of the top image results.

Showing 1951-1965 of 2124