ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2135 253421
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,135 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,267 posts

I learned that R2's in school already. Poor R2.

I also learned that I can download adobe illustrator for freeeee

SportShark
SportShark
2,872 posts

I also learned that I can eat an entire big bag of cheesy popcorn in less than two minutes. I'm gonna log off and go to the toilet. Bye!

KatPryde
KatPryde
2,803 posts

I learned not to buy grapes from Walmart. Or at least from one particular store in one particular town.
Two days in the refrigerator and half of them are already moldy. >_<"

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,267 posts

I learned that a good chunk of the 7-8 year olds I deal with this week already know far more swears than they should. I let this one little boy text insults to one of my friends and he wanted to use some...questionable vocabulary. How do children learn these words? Who gives them access to that stuff?

Also I (re)learned that some children have no concept of personal space and GRAB ONTO YOUR LEGS WHILE WALKING
However if the child is small enough I can walk a reasonably fair distance.

Last but certainly not least, I learned that there's only one person at the espresso bar I go to after my shift that can make a decent cream soda. If it's not made by the tattooed guy, it's less good.

ScrewTheLag
ScrewTheLag
1,128 posts

How do children learn these words? Who gives them access to that stuff?

The internet. Seriously though, parents. Not kidding. It's been proven that these kind of things are learned through parents (lying as well).

Anyways, I learned how far my limits of hate can go without exploding and making me kill someone and I have yet to discover that limit (one day I will, possibly soon). I wish I wasn't taken as such a peaceful and bystander sort of guy in real life so I could ACTUALLY REPLY AGGRESSIVLY FOR ONCE WITHOUT EVERYONE THINKING I'VE GONE MAD, I GET ANGRY TOO WORLD, DEAL WITH IT.

Anyways.

You get the idea, I'm really hatred by the circumstances I am dealing with right now. And I clearly can't let it all escape or I will get in so much trouble you would think I escaped my house at 4 am.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

I learned that two of my posts were deleted within the past 5 days. I'll never know which ones they were, nor will I ever care in the slightest, but I've always kept a close watch on the number.

philimaster
philimaster
494 posts

I leaned that you buy a lot of really low quality food for practically nothing at asda (walmart)

SportShark
SportShark
2,872 posts

I learned what a Latvian musical instrument called a kokle sounds like. This is probably the most interesting thing that Ive learned in a month.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
13,221 posts

I learned that Italy has frontier with Slovenia

akshobhya
akshobhya
4,645 posts

I learnt that a friend of mine is going abroad.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,999 posts

I learned exactly what a hickey is. I knew how it was made but i didnt know exactly what it was.

akshobhya
akshobhya
4,645 posts

It is my country's independence day today.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,492 posts

I learned that my car is visible from Google Maps street view.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
11,434 posts

A new "neologism".

Made by a waetherman... instead of "band of cloud" he used "rain-banger (rain-sausage)"

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,535 posts

I want to grow a yeard. I've got 3 months down on the 25th.

Showing 2026-2040 of 2135